Luminous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- softly bright or radiant; "a house aglow with lights"; "glowing embers"; "lambent tongues of flame"; "the lucent moon"; "a sky luminous with stars"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Luminous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Luminous'
- Luminous: Luminous may refer to: Luminous (game engine), a video game engine developed by Square Enix Luminous flame, a flame emitting visible light Luminous (story
- Luminous infrared galaxy: Luminous Infrared Galaxies or (LIRG's) are galaxies with luminosities, the measurement of brightness, above 1011 L☉. LIRG's are more abundant than Starburst
- Luminous flux: In photometry, luminous flux or luminous power is the measure of the perceived power of light. It differs from radiant flux, the measure of the total
- Luminous red nova: A luminous red nova (abbr. LRN, pl. luminous red novae, pl.abbr. LRNe) is a stellar explosion thought to be caused by the merging of two stars. They are
- Luminous efficacy: Luminous efficacy is a measure of how well a light source produces visible light. It is the ratio of luminous flux to power. Depending on context, the
- Luminous blue variable: Luminous blue variables (LBVs) are massive evolved stars that show unpredictable and sometimes dramatic variations in both their spectra and their brightness
- Luminous energy: In photometry, luminous energy is the perceived energy of light. This is sometimes called the quantity of light. Luminous energy is not the same as radiant
- Luminous intensity: See also: Light intensity (disambiguation) In photometry, luminous intensity is a measure of the wavelength-weighted power emitted by a light source in
Words and phrases related to 'Luminous'