Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Loci'
Loci Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the scene of any event or action (especially the place of a meeting) [syn: venue, locale]
- the specific site of a particular gene on its chromosome
- the set of all points or lines that satisfy or are determined by specific conditions; "the locus of points equidistant from a given point is a circle" [also: loci (pl)]
- Locus \Lo"cus\, n.; pl. Loci, & Loca. [L., place. Cf.
Allow, Couch, Lieu, Local.]
- A place; a locality.
- (Math.) The line traced by a point which varies its position according to some determinate law; the surface described by a point or line that moves according to a given law. Plane locus, a locus that is a straight line, or a circle. Solid locus, a locus that is one of the conic sections.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Loci'
- Loci Theologici: Loci Theologici was a term applied by Melanchthon to Evangelical systems of dogmatics and retained by many as late as the seventeenth ...
- Genius loci: In classical Roman religion a genius loci was the protective spirit of a place. It was often depicted in religious iconography as a ...
- Method of loci: The method of loci (plural of Latin locus for place or location), also called the memory palace, is a general designation for mnemonic ...
- Loci Communes: Loci Communes or Loci communes rerum theologicarum seu hypotyposes theologicae (Latin for Common Places in Theology or Fundamental Doctrinal ...
Words and phrases related to 'Loci'
Loci Sample Sentences in News
- IntegenX Launches New GlobalFiler(R) Express Cartridges for RapidHIT(TM) System at the American Academy of Forensic ...
IntegenX Inc., the market leader in Rapid Human DNA identification technology, today announced the launch of GlobalFiler® Express cartridges for the RapidHIT™ System, providing DNA profiles with 24-loci ... Read more on this news related to 'Loci'
- Meta-analysis Reveals New Blood Pressure Loci
Full-text access for registered users only. Existing users login here . New to GenomeWeb? Register here quickly for free access. Read more on this news related to 'Loci'
- Global Genomics Group (G3) Completes Patient Enrollment of Discovery Cohort in GLOBAL Study Ahead of Schedule
RICHMOND, Va., Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Genomics Group (G3) today announced that it has completed enrollment of the 5,000-patient discovery cohort of its GLOBAL (Genetic LOci and Burden of Atherosclerotic Lesions) clinical study. The GLOBAL study, designed to identify disease-related pathways, new drug targets and biomarkers for cardiovascular disease Read more on this news related to 'Loci'