Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Livelier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party" [ant: dull]
- full of zest or vigor; "a racy literary style" [syn: racy]
- quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze" [syn: brisk, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy]
- rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resiliant as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf" [syn: bouncy, live, resilient, springy, whippy]
- filled with events or activity; "a lively period in history"
- full of spirit; "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world" [syn: full of life, vital]
- characterized by energetic activity; "a lively baby" [also: liveliest, livelier]
- Lively \Live"ly\, a. [Compar. Livelier; superl. Liveliest.]
[For lifely. Cf. Lifelike.]
- Endowed with or manifesting life; living. Chaplets of gold and silver resembling lively flowers and leaves. --Holland.
- Brisk; vivacious; active; as, a lively youth. But wherefore comes old Manoa in such haste, With youthful steps ? Much livelier than erewhile He seems. --Milton.
- Gay; airy; animated; spirited.
From grave to gay, from lively to severe. --Pope.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Words and phrases related to 'Livelier'
Livelier Sample Sentences in News
- Feature: Homes can turn livelier with the presence of adopted child
Manila, Philippines — Having an adoptive child that can transform silence into much joy and laughter in a once not so lively home is a significant indication for some childless couple to confirm that they did the right thing when they decided to consider legal adoption. According to Bryan and Marie Grace Retales who gave […] Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- Interesting times for SodaStream
The debate on SodaStream (NASDAQ: SODA ) is even livelier after Coca-Cola takes a 16.7% equity stake in Monster Beverage. Bulls see the development as increasing the odds of beverage giant such as PepsiCo or Starbucks aligning with SodaStream, while skeptics see the Coca-Cola factor as a market share destroyer for SodaStream. Sluggish demand in the U.S. is being a Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- OWLS program set for Aug. 13
Jasper County Conservation is hosting an Older, Wiser, Livelier Seniors program from 10 to 11 a.m. Aug. 13 at the Jasper County Armory/Annex Building by Maytag Park, and the senior public is invited to come learn about the squirrels of Iowa and make a squirrel feeder. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'