Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Livelier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party" [ant: dull]
- full of zest or vigor; "a racy literary style" [syn: racy]
- quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze" [syn: brisk, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy]
- rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resiliant as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf" [syn: bouncy, live, resilient, springy, whippy]
- filled with events or activity; "a lively period in history"
- full of spirit; "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world" [syn: full of life, vital]
- characterized by energetic activity; "a lively baby" [also: liveliest, livelier]
- Lively \Live"ly\, a. [Compar. Livelier; superl. Liveliest.]
[For lifely. Cf. Lifelike.]
- Endowed with or manifesting life; living. Chaplets of gold and silver resembling lively flowers and leaves. --Holland.
- Brisk; vivacious; active; as, a lively youth. But wherefore comes old Manoa in such haste, With youthful steps ? Much livelier than erewhile He seems. --Milton.
- Gay; airy; animated; spirited.
From grave to gay, from lively to severe. --Pope.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Words and phrases related to 'Livelier'
Livelier Sample Sentences in News
- Ready to cross 'swords'
LIVELIER: Some expect fireworks in new state assembly as opposition now has more seats Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- Marina Bay to get a lot livelier
Following the grand opening of Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) on Wednesday, the Marina Bay area is set to get more homes, offices and shops in the next few years, noted analysts. Several land parcels in the area have also not been developed yet. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- College baseball coaches urge livelier ball
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- College baseball is on pace to set a record for fewest home runs and a 40-year low for scoring and batting average. Now some coaches are calling for a livelier ball to bring the numbers back up. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'