Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Livelier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party" [ant: dull]
- full of zest or vigor; "a racy literary style" [syn: racy]
- quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze" [syn: brisk, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy]
- rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resiliant as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf" [syn: bouncy, live, resilient, springy, whippy]
- filled with events or activity; "a lively period in history"
- full of spirit; "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world" [syn: full of life, vital]
- characterized by energetic activity; "a lively baby" [also: liveliest, livelier]
- Lively \Live"ly\, a. [Compar. Livelier; superl. Liveliest.]
[For lifely. Cf. Lifelike.]
- Endowed with or manifesting life; living. Chaplets of gold and silver resembling lively flowers and leaves. --Holland.
- Brisk; vivacious; active; as, a lively youth. But wherefore comes old Manoa in such haste, With youthful steps ? Much livelier than erewhile He seems. --Milton.
- Gay; airy; animated; spirited.
From grave to gay, from lively to severe. --Pope.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Words and phrases related to 'Livelier'
Livelier Sample Sentences in News
- Bigger, livelier public spaces for a liveable Singapore
November 22, 2013 10:00 AM Singaporeans will soon be able to enjoy bigger and livelier public spaces, as part of the Government's bid to create a liveable and community-oriented nation. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- The not-so-easy pieces of modular smartphones
commentary The quest for piece-by-piece perfection could deliver livelier devices and less waste, but good luck competing on sleek design with the latest from top-tier phone makers. [Read more] Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- Musician, 99, named Idaho’s senior volunteer of the year - Thu, 28 Nov 2013 PST
SILVERTON, Idaho – Melodies from classic hymns waft through the lobby of the Silver Wood Good Samaritan Center on Tuesday evenings, switching to the livelier beat of dance hall music on Thursday afternoon. On organ and piano, Catherine Owen’s nimble fingers keep residents of the Silver Valley care center connected to music. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'