Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Livelier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party" [ant: dull]
- full of zest or vigor; "a racy literary style" [syn: racy]
- quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze" [syn: brisk, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy]
- rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resiliant as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf" [syn: bouncy, live, resilient, springy, whippy]
- filled with events or activity; "a lively period in history"
- full of spirit; "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world" [syn: full of life, vital]
- characterized by energetic activity; "a lively baby" [also: liveliest, livelier]
- Lively \Live"ly\, a. [Compar. Livelier; superl. Liveliest.]
[For lifely. Cf. Lifelike.]
- Endowed with or manifesting life; living. Chaplets of gold and silver resembling lively flowers and leaves. --Holland.
- Brisk; vivacious; active; as, a lively youth. But wherefore comes old Manoa in such haste, With youthful steps ? Much livelier than erewhile He seems. --Milton.
- Gay; airy; animated; spirited.
From grave to gay, from lively to severe. --Pope.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Words and phrases related to 'Livelier'
Livelier Sample Sentences in News
- Jared Polis vs. George Leing: A race that keeps getting livelier
Conventional wisdom says the re-election bid for Congressman Jared Polis, a wealthy Boulder Democrat, should be a nothing burger but this has been an unconventional year. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- Bayonetta 2 Composer Confirms "Livelier" Soundtrack
Bayonetta 2 composer drops hints about the new Bayonetta 2 soundtrack. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- Older, wiser livelier set
The O.W.L.S. (older, wiser, livelier set) will start meeting again soon. It is a senior organization in town that provides socializing, education, entertainment and fun for its members at monthly meetings on the first Thursday of each month, September through June. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'