Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Livelier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party" [ant: dull]
- full of zest or vigor; "a racy literary style" [syn: racy]
- quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze" [syn: brisk, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy]
- rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resiliant as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf" [syn: bouncy, live, resilient, springy, whippy]
- filled with events or activity; "a lively period in history"
- full of spirit; "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world" [syn: full of life, vital]
- characterized by energetic activity; "a lively baby" [also: liveliest, livelier]
- Lively \Live"ly\, a. [Compar. Livelier; superl. Liveliest.]
[For lifely. Cf. Lifelike.]
- Endowed with or manifesting life; living. Chaplets of gold and silver resembling lively flowers and leaves. --Holland.
- Brisk; vivacious; active; as, a lively youth. But wherefore comes old Manoa in such haste, With youthful steps ? Much livelier than erewhile He seems. --Milton.
- Gay; airy; animated; spirited.
From grave to gay, from lively to severe. --Pope.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Livelier'
Words and phrases related to 'Livelier'
Livelier Sample Sentences in News
- Spain: The Ideal Destination for Any Traveler
From its picturesque pastoral scenes to the livelier scenes of Barcelona and beyond, Spain’s diverse and delightful offerings are sure to bring back tourists time and time again to explore this incredible European country. A holiday in Spain can range from remote and rugged mountain escapes to modern architectural tours and culinary adventures in the Basque [… Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- North Korean ship symbolizes hopes for Japan ties
WONSAN, North Korea (AP) — The barbecues are all fired up along the jetty and the beach is dotted with sunbathers. Divers plunge into the water in search of clams, which are dipped in hot sauce and eaten raw right there on the spot. Wonsan, a sleepy port on North Korea's east coast, is gearing up for a busy summer and, if talks with Japan go as North Korea h Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'
- England fear over Lord's pitch as Alastair Cook and Co hope for livelier surface for second Test vs India
There was plenty of the green grass on the Lord’s pitch on Tuesday but whether it will lead to a livelier second Investec Test remains to be seen. Read more on this news related to 'Livelier'