Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Liquidation'
- termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities [syn: settlement]
- the act of exterminating [syn: extermination]
- the murder of a competitor [syn: elimination]
- Liquidation \Liq`ui*da"tion\ (l[i^]k`w[i^]*d[=a]"sh[u^]n), n.
[Cf. F. liquidation.]
The act or process of liquidating; the state of being
To go into liquidation (Law), to turn over to a trustee
one's assets and accounts, in order that the several
amounts of one's indebtedness may be authoritatively
ascertained, and that the assets may be applied toward
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Liquidation'
In law, liquidation is the process by which a company (or part of a company) is brought to an end, and the assets and property of the company redistributed. Liquidation is also sometimes referred to as winding-up or dissolution, although dissolution technically refers to the last stage of liquidation. The process of liquidation also arises when customs, an authority or agency in a country responsible for collecting and safeguarding customs duties, determines the final computation or ascertainment of the duties or drawback accruing on an entry.
Liquidation may either be compulsory (sometimes referred to as a creditors' liquidation) or voluntary (sometimes referred to as a shareholders' liquidation, although some voluntary liquidations are controlled by the creditors, see below).[See more about Liquidation at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Liquidation'
Liquidation Sample Sentences in News
- Expect Great Savings On Stunning Jewelry This Labor Day Weekend At The Liquidation Channel
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Liquidation Channel (LC) is thrilled to announce its Labor Day Weekend Sale starting Thursday, August 28 and running through Monday, September 1. This 5-day ... Read more on this news related to 'Liquidation'
- ACE Aviation reports second quarter results and provides an update on its liquidation process
ACE Aviation reports second quarter results and provides an update on its liquidation process Read more on this news related to 'Liquidation'
- Heritage Global Inc. Reports 2014 Q2 Operating Results
Heritage Global Inc. , a leader in asset liquidation transactions, valuations and advisory, today reported financial results for the Read more on this news related to 'Liquidation'