Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lascivious'
adj : driven by lust; preoccupied with or exhibiting lustful
desires; "libidinous orgies" [syn: lewd, libidinous,
- Lascivious \Las*civ"i*ous\, a. [L. lascivia wantonness, fr.
lascivus wanton; cf. Gr. (?) lecherous, (?) to wish, Skr.
lash to desire.]
- Wanton; lewd; lustful; as, lascivious men; lascivious desires. --Milton.
- Tending to produce voluptuous or lewd emotions. He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber To the lascivious pleasing of a lute. --Shak. -- Las*civ"i*ous*ly, adv. -- Las*civ"i*ous*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lascivious'
"Lascivious" is a word synonymous with lustful or lewd.
In American legal jargon, lascivious is a semi-technical term indicating immoral sexual thoughts or actions. It is often used in the legal description of criminal acts in which some sort of sexual activity is prohibited to differentiate that activity from "innocent" conduct. It is often used as one of several adjectives to describe pornography as compared to non-pornographic depictions of sex or sexual themes.
In American legal jargon mailing lascivious matter is prohibited thus:
Every obscene, lewd, lascivious, indecent, filthy or vile article, matter, thing, device, or substance ...[See more about Lascivious at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Lascivious'
'Lascivious' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Lascivious'
Lascivious Sample Sentences in News
- Registered sex offender accused of lewd battery on girl
A registered sex offender is accused of lewd and lascivious battery of a 14-year-old girl according to a Flagler County sheriff’s report. Read more on this news related to 'Lascivious'
- Court overturns man's sex abuse convictions - ABC5 News Des Moines, IA
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The Iowa Court of Appeals has thrown out the convictions of an eastern Iowa man who had pleaded guilty to lascivious acts with a child and sexual abuse. Read more on this news related to 'Lascivious'
- Court overturns man's sex abuse convictions
The Iowa Court of Appeals has thrown out the convictions of an eastern Iowa man who had pleaded guilty to lascivious acts with a child and sexual abuse. Read more on this news related to 'Lascivious'