Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lascivious'
adj : driven by lust; preoccupied with or exhibiting lustful
desires; "libidinous orgies" [syn: lewd, libidinous,
- Lascivious \Las*civ"i*ous\, a. [L. lascivia wantonness, fr.
lascivus wanton; cf. Gr. (?) lecherous, (?) to wish, Skr.
lash to desire.]
- Wanton; lewd; lustful; as, lascivious men; lascivious desires. --Milton.
- Tending to produce voluptuous or lewd emotions. He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber To the lascivious pleasing of a lute. --Shak. -- Las*civ"i*ous*ly, adv. -- Las*civ"i*ous*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lascivious'
"Lascivious" is a word synonymous with lustful or lewd.
In American legal jargon, lascivious is a semi-technical term indicating immoral sexual thoughts or actions. It is often used in the legal description of criminal acts in which some sort of sexual activity is prohibited to differentiate that activity from "innocent" conduct. It is often used as one of several adjectives to describe pornography as compared to non-pornographic depictions of sex or sexual themes.
In American legal jargon mailing lascivious matter is prohibited thus:
Every obscene, lewd, lascivious, indecent, filthy or vile article, matter, thing, device, or substance ...[See more about Lascivious at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Lascivious'
'Lascivious' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Lascivious'
Lascivious Sample Sentences in News
- Man charged with lewd and lascivious molestation
An Ocala man was charged Tuesday with lewd and lascivious molestation. Read more on this news related to 'Lascivious'
- Football star charged with lewd and lascivious act on 14-year-old
Story by Al Pefley / CBS 12 News FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A high school football star is under arrest, accused of lewd and lascivious behavior with a 14-year-old girl. Sharieff Rhaheed-Muhammad, 17, a senior at Ft. Pierce Central High, is considered a blue chip football prospect. ... Read more on this news related to 'Lascivious'
- Jury acquits Martin man charged with molestation
A Martin County jury last month acquitted Jesus Ferndandez, 43, of three counts of lewd and lascivious molestation. Read more on this news related to 'Lascivious'