Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Laggard'
Laggard Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- inclined to waste time and lag behind [syn: dilatory]
- wasting time [syn: dilatory, poky, pokey] n : someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind [syn: dawdler, drone, lagger, trailer]
- Laggard \Lag"gard\, a. [Lag + -ard.]
Slow; sluggish; backward.
- Laggard \Lag"gard\, n.
One who lags; a loiterer.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Laggard'
- Laggard Island: Laggard Island is a rock y island lying 2 | mi | km southeast of Bonaparte Point , off the southwest coast of Anvers Island in the Palmer ...
Words and phrases related to 'Laggard'
Laggard Sample Sentences in News
- Big Upside for the France ETF
There is evidence buying one period’s lagging stocks or ETFs can yield big returns as those laggards morph into leaders. It happened earlier this year with gold miners. Then there was the recent rebound ... Read more on this news related to 'Laggard'
- An Energy ETF Favorite Looks Good
Equity-based energy exchange traded funds continue to shed the laggard status with which they were saddled last year and it is a diversified mix of funds that are seeing upside. Over the past month, the ... Read more on this news related to 'Laggard'
- NBC executive predicts first win in a decade in key U.S. age group
Longtime ratings laggard NBC is expected to win this season's broadcast TV ratings race in the age group most prized by advertisers, 18 to 49, for the first time in a decade, NBC Universal Chief Executive Steve Burke said on Monday. The last time NBC won that age group was in the 2003-04 season, a spokeswoman said. NBC, owned by cable operator Comcast Corp, is Read more on this news related to 'Laggard'