Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Knifelike'
Knifelike Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- cutting or able to cut as if with a knife
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations" [syn: acute, discriminating, incisive, keen, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp]
- as physically painful as if caused by a sharp instrument; "a cutting wind"; "keen winds"; "knifelike cold"; "piercing knifelike pains"; "piercing cold"; "piercing criticism"; "a stabbing pain"; "lancinating pain" [syn: cutting, keen, piercing, stabbing, lancinate, lancinating]
- having a sharp or distinct edge; "a narrow knifelike profile"
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knifelike'
Words and phrases related to 'Knifelike'
Knifelike Sample Sentences in News
- No current Knifelike news