Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Kitty'
Kitty Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the combined stakes of the betters [syn: pool]
- the cumulative amount involved in a game (such as poker) [syn: pot, jackpot]
- young domestic cat [syn: kitten]
- informal terms referring to a domestic cat [syn: kitty-cat, puss, pussy, pussycat]
- Kitty \Kit"ty\, n.
- A kitten; also, a pet name or calling name for the cat.
- [Etym. uncertain.] (Gaming) The percentage taken out of a pool to pay for refreshments, or for the expenses of the table. --R. F. Foster.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Kitty'
- Kitty: Kitty may refer to: Cat , small carnivorous mammal of the subspecies Felis silvestris catus. Kitten , a young cat. Kitty (given name), people ...
- Kitty Pryde: Katherine Anne "Kitty" Pryde is a fiction al character that appears in comic book s published by Marvel Comics . The character first ...
- Kitty Forman: Katherine Anne "Kitty" Forman (née Sigurdson) is a fictional character on the Fox Network's That '70s Show , portrayed by comic actress ...
- Kitty Walker: Katherine "Kitty" McCallister (born Katherine Anne Walker) is a fictional character on the primetime show Brothers & Sisters . ...
- Kitty (1945 film): Kitty is a 1945 film directed by Mitchell Leisen , based on the novel by Rosamond Marshall , with a screenplay by Karl Tunberg . ...
- Kitty Carruthers: Caitlin A. "Kitty" Carruthers (born May 30, 1961 in Boston, Massachusetts ) is an American figure skater . She competed in pairs with her ...
- Kitty Dukakis: Katharine Dickson Dukakis (born December 26, 1936), known as Kitty Dukakis, is the wife of former Massachusetts governor and U.S. ...
- Kitty Lange Kielland: Kitty Lange Kielland (October 8, 1843 — October 1, 1914) was a Norwegian landscape painter. Early life and training: Kielland was born to an ...
Words and phrases related to 'Kitty'
Meaning of the Name 'Kitty'
- Meaning: Variant of Katherine. Pure.
- Origin: English
- Gender: Female