Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Jogged'
Jogged Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a sharp change in direction; "there was a jog in the road"
- a slow pace of running [syn: trot, lope]
- a slight push or shake [syn: nudge] v
- continue talking or writing in a desultory manner; "This novel rambles on and jogs" [syn: ramble on, ramble]
- even up the edges of a stack of paper, in printing [syn: square up, even up]
- run for exercise; "jog along the canal"
- run at a moderately swift pace [syn: trot, clip]
- give a slight push to
- stimulate to remember; "jog my memory" [also: jogging, jogged]
- Jog \Jog\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Jogged; p. pr. & vb. n.
Jogging.] [OE. joggen; cf. W. gogi to shake, and also E.
shog, shock, v.]
- To push or shake with the elbow or hand; to jostle; esp., to push or touch, in order to give notice, to excite one's attention, or to warn. Now leaps he upright, jogs me, and cries: Do you see Yonder well-favored youth? --Donne. Sudden I jogged Ulysses, who was laid Fast by my side. --Pope.
- To suggest to; to notify; to remind; to call the attention of; as, to jog the memory.
- To cause to jog; to drive at a jog, as a horse. See Jog, v. i.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Jogged'
Words and phrases related to 'Jogged'
Jogged Sample Sentences in News
- Touch 'Em All: Harper benched for lack of hustle
Bryce Harper hit the ball to the mound, jogged to first base, and took a right turn to the dugout before getting halfway down the basepath. Read more on this news related to 'Jogged'
- Wind-blown hit helps spark Aces past Murray State
University of Evansville catcher Kyle Pollock slowly jogged down the first base line, waiting for Murray State right fielder Kollin Dowdy to snag his fly ball heading toward the warning track. With runners on first and second with two outs, Pollock was expecting a routine fly that would end the fifth inning Read more on this news related to 'Jogged'
- Once-lowly Clippers have become big attraction
Matt Barnes jogged out of the visiting locker room and headed toward the Target Center court, where the hometown Minnesota Timberwolves awaited. Dozens and dozens of fans in a city 2,000 miles away from Los Angeles were wearing Clippers jerseys. ''In my rookie year we were terrible and there was no one at our games, and when you're on the road there de Read more on this news related to 'Jogged'