Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Jogged'
Jogged Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a sharp change in direction; "there was a jog in the road"
- a slow pace of running [syn: trot, lope]
- a slight push or shake [syn: nudge] v
- continue talking or writing in a desultory manner; "This novel rambles on and jogs" [syn: ramble on, ramble]
- even up the edges of a stack of paper, in printing [syn: square up, even up]
- run for exercise; "jog along the canal"
- run at a moderately swift pace [syn: trot, clip]
- give a slight push to
- stimulate to remember; "jog my memory" [also: jogging, jogged]
- Jog \Jog\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Jogged; p. pr. & vb. n.
Jogging.] [OE. joggen; cf. W. gogi to shake, and also E.
shog, shock, v.]
- To push or shake with the elbow or hand; to jostle; esp., to push or touch, in order to give notice, to excite one's attention, or to warn. Now leaps he upright, jogs me, and cries: Do you see Yonder well-favored youth? --Donne. Sudden I jogged Ulysses, who was laid Fast by my side. --Pope.
- To suggest to; to notify; to remind; to call the attention of; as, to jog the memory.
- To cause to jog; to drive at a jog, as a horse. See Jog, v. i.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Jogged'
Words and phrases related to 'Jogged'
Jogged Sample Sentences in News
- Tanaka may pitch, but $155M man not born to run
As dozens of cameras recorded his every move and perhaps 150 media watched on a cool and breezy morning, Masahiro Tanaka slowly jogged four laps on the warning track around a back field following his first official workout with the New York Yankees. He may pitch great, but Tanaka clearly was not born to run. But that part I really can't help.'' The 25- Read more on this news related to 'Jogged'
- Pair jogged around White House to highlight need to stay in shape
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are running again. But this time, not for office. Read more on this news related to 'Jogged'
- Spring Preview: Jennifer Morrison on What's Next for Once Upon a Time's Emma
If you need your memory jogged about the ongoing plight of Once Upon a Time's fairy-tale menagerie, you're not alone. When the series returns after its hiatus, Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and her son, Henry (Jared Gilmore), are enjoying an uncharacteristically tranquil existence in present-day New York City ? with zero recollection of their magical past or of Read more on this news related to 'Jogged'