Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Isle'
Isle Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a small island [syn: islet]
- Isle \Isle\, n. [Obs.]
- Isle \Isle\, n. [OF. isle, F. [^i]le, L. insula; cf. Lith. sala.
- An island. [Poetic] Imperial rule of all the seagirt isles. --Milton.
- (Zo["o]l.) A spot within another of a different color, as upon the wings of some insects.
- Isle \Isle\, v. t.
To cause to become an island, or like an island; to surround
or encompass; to island. [Poetic]
Isled in sudden seas of light. --Tennyson.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Isle'
- Isle: Isle may refer to: Isle, Haute-Vienne , a commune of the Haute-Vienne département in France. Isle, Minnesota , a small city in the United ...
- Isle (river): The Isle (Eila) is a 255 km long river in south-western France , right tributary of the Dordogne . Its source is in the north-western ...
- Isles class trawler: The Isles class trawlers were a class of naval trawler used by the Royal Navy , Royal Canadian Navy and Royal New Zealand Navy during ...
- Isle, Minnesota: Isle is a city in Mille Lacs County , Minnesota , United States . The population was 707 at the 2000 census. Its name in the Ojibwe ...
- River Isle: The River Isle (also known as the River Ile) flows from its source near Ilminster , through Somerset a and discharges into the River ...
- Isle, Haute-Vienne: Isle (Isla) is a commune in the Haute-Vienne department in the Limousin region in west-central France . Isle is the fourth commune of ...
- British Isles: The British Isles are a group of island s off the northwest coast of continental Europe that include the islands of Great Britain and ...
- Isle of Man: The Isle of Man. (icon | ˈ | m | æ | n; Ellan Vannin Irish Sea between the islands of Great Britain and Ireland , within the British Isles . ...
- Isle of Wight: The Isle of Wight is a county and the largest island of England , located in the English Channel , 3–5 miles (5–8 km) off the south coast ...
Words and phrases related to 'Isle'
Isle Sample Sentences in News
- Why Isle of Capri Casinos (ISLE) Stock Is Climbing Today
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Isle of Capri Casinos are higher by 4.54% to $7.83 in mid-morning trading on Wednesday, after the gaming company reported a narrowed net loss for the fiscal 2015 first quarter to -$2.3 million, or -6 cents per diluted share, from -$4.9 million, or -12 cents per diluted share for the fiscal 2014 first quarter. The company's net Read more on this news related to 'Isle'
- Isle of Capri Casinos Q1 Earnings In Line, Revenues Lag
Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc. (ISLE) posted fiscal first quarter 2015 with earnings in-line and revenues missing the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Read more on this news related to 'Isle'
- Isle of Capri narrows 1Q loss
Isle of Capri's Missouri net revenue grew to $58.9 million. Read more on this news related to 'Isle'