Irascible Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- characterized by anger; "a choleric outburst"; "an irascible response"
- quickly aroused to anger; "a hotheaded commander"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Irascible'?
Words and phrases related to 'Irascible'
Irascible Sample Sentences in News
- Eagles icon Chuck Bednarik dies
Chuck Bednarik, the immovable, irascible son of a Bethlehem steelworker whose Hall of Fame football career was more notable for lasts than firsts, passed away Saturday morning at the age of 89. Read more on this news related to 'Irascible'
- Editor turned dull trade magazine into an irreverent fashion bible
John Fairchild, the witty and irascible publisher and editor who transformed his family's fusty trade publication, Women's Wear Daily, into the lively bible of the fashion industry, has died at his home in Manhattan aged 87. Read more on this news related to 'Irascible'
- Volatile co-creator of The Simpsons turned his talents to boxing, gambling and animal rights
Sam Simon, who has died aged 59, was the brilliant but irascible co-creator of The Simpsons, both the longest-running American sitcom and the longest-running animated program in television history. He was also a creative force behind such critical and commercial successes as Taxi, Cheers and The Drew Carey Show. Read more on this news related to 'Irascible'