Intervene Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occur between other event or between certain points of time; "the war intervened between the birth of her two children"
- get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force; "Why did the U.S. not intervene earlier in WW II?"
- be placed or located between other things or extend between spaces and events; "This interludes intervenes between the two movements"; "Eight days intervened"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intervene'?
Words and phrases related to 'Intervene'
Intervene Sample Sentences in News
- Swiss National Bank says stands ready to intervene in FX market
The Swiss National Bank is ready to intervene in the foreign currency market to ease monetary policy after ditching its cap on the Swiss franc earlier this month, its vice-chairman said in an interview on Tuesday. Switzerland's central bank shocked financial markets by abandoning its three-year-old cap on the franc against the euro on Jan. 15, a policy it late Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- Euro Climbs as SNB Says It’s Ready to Intervene; Yen Advances
The euro strengthened after a Swiss National Bank official said it remained ready to intervene in markets, sparking broader gains for the shared currency. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- SNB Can Still Intervene on Franc, Danthine Tells Tages-Anzeiger
The Swiss National Bank (SNBN) is still willing to intervene in currency markets even after giving up its cap on the franc, Vice President Jean-Pierre Danthine said. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'