Intervene Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occur between other event or between certain points of time; "the war intervened between the birth of her two children"
- get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force; "Why did the U.S. not intervene earlier in WW II?"
- be placed or located between other things or extend between spaces and events; "This interludes intervenes between the two movements"; "Eight days intervened"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intervene'?
Words and phrases related to 'Intervene'
Intervene Sample Sentences in News
- Religious authority has no right to intervene in Allah CD case, says Sarawakian
The Federal Territories Islamic Council cannot interfere in the private affairs of non-Muslims, on how they prayed and studied their religions, said Sarawak Christian Jill Ireland who is opposing an application by the religious authority to intervene in Putrajaya's appeal against a High Court ruling ordering the return of eight CDs containing... Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- Appeals Court rejects MAIWP's application to intervene in appeal
PUTRAJAYA, March 5 (Bernama) -- The Court of Appeal today dismissed an application by the Federal Territories Islamic Council (MAIWP) to intervene in the Government's appeal against a High Court ruling ordering the return of eight Christian CDs with the word 'Allah' to a Sarawakian clerk. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- Sea-3 seeks to dismiss city lawsuit
PORTSMOUTH – The attorney for Sea-3 is seeking to intervene in a Superior Court appeal filed by the city of Portsmouth after the Newington Planning Board approved the company’s proposed expansion of its propane facility last year. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'