Intervene Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occur between other event or between certain points of time; "the war intervened between the birth of her two children"
- get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force; "Why did the U.S. not intervene earlier in WW II?"
- be placed or located between other things or extend between spaces and events; "This interludes intervenes between the two movements"; "Eight days intervened"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intervene'?
Words and phrases related to 'Intervene'
Intervene Sample Sentences in News
- Reps may intervene in Ekiti Assembly crisis
Strong indications have emerged that the National Assembly may intervene in the crisis rocking the Ekiti State House of Assembly. Specifically, the House of Representatives has indicated its readiness to take over legislative functions in the state, as allowed by the Constitution, should the crisis in the state Assembly persist. The House stated that it... [Read Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- What Families Should Know About Bystander Intervention
If your teen was at a party and saw someone making sexual advances toward a student who was drunk, would she intervene? Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- Court: Western Arkansas districts can’t intervene in school funding case
LITTLE ROCK — A group of western Arkansas school districts cannot intervene in a lawsuit over the state’s system of funding public schools, the state Supreme Court said Thursday. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'