Intervene Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- occur between other event or between certain points of time; "the war intervened between the birth of her two children"
- get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force; "Why did the U.S. not intervene earlier in WW II?"
- be placed or located between other things or extend between spaces and events; "This interludes intervenes between the two movements"; "Eight days intervened"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intervene'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Intervene'
- Intervener: Since 2002, there has been a national intervener task force that has developed valuable resources, including materials that raise ...
Words and phrases related to 'Intervene'
Intervene Sample Sentences in News
- Report: NFL could intervene in Greg Hardy case
The NFL is considering whether to intervene in the case of Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy, reports NFL.com. Hardy is awaiting a jury trial on domestic violence charges. He was deactivated Week 2 but has returned to practice this week. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- Police ask parents to intervene after officer hit in the face with brick
Gangs of youths were throwing stones at each other when the officer was caught in the crossfire. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'
- Premier Mike Baird may intervene over ratepayer funding of brothel investigations
NSW Premier Mike Baird has signalled possible state government intervention in response to allegations that ratepayers are funding undercover operatives to have sex with prostitutes to help build a legal case for the closure of brothels. Read more on this news related to 'Intervene'