Intermittent Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- stopping and starting at irregular intervals; "intermittent rain showers"
- stopping and starting at regular intervals
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Intermittent'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Intermittent'
- Intermittent energy source: An intermittent energy source is any source of energy that is not continuously available due to some factor outside direct control. ...
- Intermittent fault: An intermittent fault, often called simply an "intermittent", is a malfunction of a device or system that occurs at intervals, usually ...
- Intermittent fasting: Intermittent fasting (IF) describes diets that cycle between a period of fasting and non-fasting. In some contexts, fasting allows the ...
- Intermittent mechanism: The intermittent mechanism or intermittent movement is the device by which film is regularly advanced and then held in place for a brief ...
- Intermittent claudication: Intermittent claudication (Latin: claudicatio intermittens) is a clinical diagnosis given for muscle pain (ache, cramp, numbness or sense ...
- Intermittent explosive disorder: Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by explosive outbursts of anger , often to the point of rage, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Intermittent'
Intermittent Sample Sentences in News
- Road Watch: Polk County Guide to Closings & Construction
1 U.S. 92 at North Brunnell Parkway: Expect intermittent eastbound lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. while crews begin removing eight driveway entrances and sidewalk. Read more on this news related to 'Intermittent'
- New advances in the study hydrodynamic turbulence in disordered medium
A fluid front slowly invading a disordered medium exhibits all the distinguishing features of an intermittent dynamics, according to a new study. An intermittent dynamics characterises turbulence. This property has recently been observed in numerical simulations in porous media flows. The new study is the first experimental evidence and detailed characterization o Read more on this news related to 'Intermittent'
- Alnylam Initiates EXPLORE, a Prospective Observational Study of Patients with Hepatic Porphyrias
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , a leading RNAi therapeutics company, and collaborators from the American Porphyria Consortium and The European Porphyria Network have initiated the EXPLORE trial, a prospective observational study of patients with hepatic porphyrias, including Acute Intermittent Porphyria , Variegate Porphyria, and Hereditary Coproporphyria, sufferi Read more on this news related to 'Intermittent'