Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Impertinence'
Impertinence Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- an impudent statement [syn: impudence, cheek]
- the trait of being rude and impertinent; inclined to take liberties [syn: crust, gall, impudence, insolence, cheekiness, freshness]
- inappropriate playfulness [syn: perkiness, pertness, sauciness, archness]
- Impertinence \Im*per"ti*nence\, n. [Cf. F. impertinence. See
- The condition or quality of being impertnent; absence of pertinence, or of adaptedness; irrelevance; unfitness.
- Conduct or language unbecoming the person, the society, or the circumstances; rudeness; incivility. We should avoid the vexation and impertinence of pedants who affect to talk in a language not to be understood. --Swift.
- That which is impertinent; a thing out of place, or of no value. There are many subtile impertinences learned in schools. --Watts.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impertinence'
Words and phrases related to 'Impertinence'