Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Impairment'
Impairment Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the occurrence of a change for the worse [syn: damage, harm]
- a symptom of reduced quality or strength [syn: deterioration]
- the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness; "reading disability"; "hearing impairment" [syn: disability, disablement, handicap]
- damage that results in a reduction of strength or quality
- the act of making something futile and useless (as by routine) [syn: stultification, constipation, deadening]
- Impairment \Im*pair"ment\, n. [OE. enpeirement, OF. empirement.]
The state of being impaired; injury. ``The impairment of my
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impairment'
- Impairment: Impairment may refer to: ... Identifying impairments that contribute to a functional problem for a patient is a key factor for a health ...
- Visual impairment: Visual impairment (or vision impairment) is vision loss (of a person) to such a degree as to qualify as an additional support need ...
- Hearing impairment: ability to detect certain frequencies of sound is completely or partially impaired. ... A conductive hearing impairment is an impairment ...
- Pragmatic language impairment: Pragmatic language impairment (PLI) is an impairment in understanding pragmatic areas of language. This type of impairment was previously ...
- Specific language impairment: Specific language impairment (SLI) is a developmental language disorder that can affect both expressive and receptive language. ...
- Mild cognitive impairment: Mild cognitive impairment (MCI, also known as incipient dementia, or isolated memory impairment) is a diagnosis given to individuals who ...
Words and phrases related to 'Impairment'
Impairment Sample Sentences in News
- Impairment ruled out as cause of fatal Surrey crash
The B.C. Coroners Service has ruled out impairment by drugs and alcohol as the cause of a tragic automobile crash that killed five members of one Surrey family and the driver of another car. Read more on this news related to 'Impairment'
- Europe a drag on Tata Steel
Mumbai, May 23: An impairment charge worth Rs 8,356 crore drove a spike through Tata Steel which posted a loss of Rs 6,528.51 crore in the fourth quarter ended March 31. The steel maker had earned a profit ... Read more on this news related to 'Impairment'
- Tata Steel takes Rs 8,356 cr impairment charge in Q4 FY13
The Tata Steel Group has said that it took an impairment charge of Rs 8,356 crore in Q4 FY’13. “A significant portion of this impairment charge relates partly to the goodwill created on t... Read more on this news related to 'Impairment'