Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Impairment'
Impairment Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the occurrence of a change for the worse [syn: damage, harm]
- a symptom of reduced quality or strength [syn: deterioration]
- the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness; "reading disability"; "hearing impairment" [syn: disability, disablement, handicap]
- damage that results in a reduction of strength or quality
- the act of making something futile and useless (as by routine) [syn: stultification, constipation, deadening]
- Impairment \Im*pair"ment\, n. [OE. enpeirement, OF. empirement.]
The state of being impaired; injury. ``The impairment of my
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Impairment'
- Impairment: Impairment may refer to: ... Identifying impairments that contribute to a functional problem for a patient is a key factor for a health ...
- Visual impairment: Visual impairment (or vision impairment) is vision loss (of a person) to such a degree as to qualify as an additional support need ...
- Hearing impairment: ability to detect certain frequencies of sound is completely or partially impaired. ... A conductive hearing impairment is an impairment ...
- Pragmatic language impairment: Pragmatic language impairment (PLI) is an impairment in understanding pragmatic areas of language. This type of impairment was previously ...
- Specific language impairment: Specific language impairment (SLI) is a developmental language disorder that can affect both expressive and receptive language. ...
- Mild cognitive impairment: Mild cognitive impairment (MCI, also known as incipient dementia, or isolated memory impairment) is a diagnosis given to individuals who ...
Words and phrases related to 'Impairment'
Impairment Sample Sentences in News
- Research and Markets: Cognitive Impairment Associated With Schizophrenia (CIAS) - Pipeline Review, H1 2014
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Cognitive Impairment Associated With Schizophrenia - Pi Read more on this news related to 'Impairment'
- BOI back in profit to the tune of €399m
Falling loan impairment charges sees bank return to profitability as CEO Richie Boucher says he has no plans to leave Read more on this news related to 'Impairment'
- GrafTech Recognizes Impairment Charge; Announces Additional Initiatives to Increase Global Competitiveness, Reduce ...
GrafTech International Ltd. today announced an estimated $126 million non-cash impairment charge and additional initiatives to increase its global competitiveness, reduce cost and improve profitability. Read more on this news related to 'Impairment'