Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Gridiron'
Gridiron Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a cooking utensil of parallel metal bars; used to grill fish or meat [syn: grid]
- the playing field on which football is played [syn: football field}]
- Gridiron \Grid"i`ron\, n. [OE. gredire, gredirne, from the same
source as E. griddle, but the ending was confused with E.
iron. See Griddle.]
- A grated iron utensil for broiling flesh and fish over coals.
- (Naut.) An openwork frame on which vessels are placed for examination, cleaning, and repairs.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gridiron'
- Gridiron: Gridiron may refer to: Gridiron Secret Society , a secret society at the University of Georgia. Gridiron (cooking), type of grill that can ...
- Gridiron football: Gridiron football (or simply gridiron), sometimes known as North American football is an umbrella term for related codes of football ...
- Gridiron Australia: Gridiron Australia is the governing body of American football played in Australia . It is an approved sporting association under federal ...
- Gridiron (cooking): A gridiron is a metal grate with parallel bars typically used for grilling meat, fish, vegetables, or combinations of such foods. ...
- Gridiron Club: The Gridiron Club, founded in 1885, is the oldest and one of the most prestigious journalistic organizations in Washington, D.C. Its 65 ...
- Gridiron (novel): Gridiron is a science fiction novel written by British author Philip Kerr . (nicknamed The Gridiron), which becomes self-aware and tries ...
- Fullback (gridiron football): date January 2011 Image:Football-Formation-FB. svg | Example of fullback positioning in an offensive formation. A fullback (FB) is a position ...
Words and phrases related to 'Gridiron'
Gridiron Sample Sentences in News
- Whatever Happened To: Kepner stood out on gridiron
Steve Kepner played football and basketball and ran some track at Wayland High School before graduating in 1976. But it was the gridiron where he made his biggest mark. Read more on this news related to 'Gridiron'
- Ponies hit the gridiron for spring football
Like all schools in the area, the Kellyville Ponies began spring football practice last week with expectation for an improved season at the forefront of the mind of returning Head Coach Kelly Anderson. The Ponies were 0-10 last season but Anderson believes that the season will pay dividends this year for a squad that is still extremely young but has a promising fu Read more on this news related to 'Gridiron'
- Bobcats scrimmage on the gridiron for spring football 2013
The Hope Bobcats battling during a their spring football scrimmage game on the Summit Bank Field at Hammons Stadium on Thursday evening. Read more on this news related to 'Gridiron'