Godforsaken Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- pitiable in circumstances especially through abandonment; "desolate and despairing"; "left forlorn"
- located in a dismal or remote area; desolate; "a desert island"; "a godforsaken wilderness crossroads"; "a wild stretch of land"; "waste places"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Godforsaken'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Godforsaken'
- Godforsaken: Godforsaken (Dutch: Van God Los) is a 2003 Dutch drama film. The film received a Golden Film (100,000 visitors) and won three Golden Calves. The movie
Words and phrases related to 'Godforsaken'
Godforsaken Sample Sentences in News
- Debut fiction writer wins $25,000 Bingham Prize
NEW YORK (AP) — The author of the story collection "Godforsaken Idaho" has won a $25,000 prize. Shawn Vestal is the winner of the PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize for debut fiction. Read more on this news related to 'Godforsaken'
- Vestal, Van Winckel, Wilkins among Pushcart winners - Sun, 16 Nov 2014 PST
Two Spokane writers, and a Montanan who graduated from Gonzaga University and now lives in Oregon, are among this year’s winners of the prestigious Pushcart Prize. Shawn Vestal, whose story collection “Godforsaken Idaho” won the PEN/Robert W. Bingham award this fall, was honored for the story “Winter Elders,” which originally appeared in the journal Ecot Read more on this news related to 'Godforsaken'
- Works by Vestal, Sisson earn recognition
Shawn Vestal (’08 MFA creative writing, ’05 interdisciplinary studies), already a winner of the PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize for his collection of essays, Godforsaken Idaho, is now the winner of the Pushcart Prize for his story, Winter Elders, which originally appeared in the journal Ecotone. Vestal’s work is also included in, 2015 Pushcart Prize XXXIX Best [ Read more on this news related to 'Godforsaken'