Gastric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relating to or involving the stomach; "gastric ulcer"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gastric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gastric'
- Gastric vein: Gastric vein can refer to: Left gastric vein Right gastric vein.
- Gastric acid: Gastric acid is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach . It is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) (around 0.5%, or 5000 parts per ...
- Gastric bypass surgery: Gastric bypass surgery refers to a surgical procedure in which the stomach is divided into a small upper pouch and a much larger lower " ...
- Gastric lavage: Gastric lavage , also commonly called stomach pumping or gastric irrigation, is the process of cleaning out the contents of the stomach ...
- Gastric dilatation volvulus: Gastric dilatation volvulus (also known as twisted stomach, gastric torsion and GDV) is a medical condition in which the stomach becomes ...
- Adjustable gastric band: A laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, commonly called a lap-band, A band, or LAGB, is an inflatable silicone device placed around the ...
- Gastric mucosa: The gastric mucosa is the mucous membrane layer of the stomach which contains the glands and the gastric pits . In humans it is about 1 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Gastric'
Gastric Sample Sentences in News
- Dallas Weight Loss Surgeon on New Weight Loss Surgery Technique - The David Kim Inverted Gastric Sleeve
Dr. David Kim, a Dallas bariatric surgeon, has performed more than 4000 gastric sleeve procedures. Gastric sleeve resection surgery, also known as Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy , is a weight loss treatment ... Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- The Gastric Cancer Market is Expected to More Than Triple Over the Next Ten Years, Capturing Nearly $3.8 million by 2023
BURLINGTON, Mass., Sept. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that the gastric cancer market will grow exponentially from over $1.1 billion in 2013 to nearly $3.8 billion by 2023. Fuelling ... Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- New Slimband Study Confirms That Gastric Banding Achieves Weight Loss on Failed Gastric Bypass Patients
New study conclusively demonstrates that gastric banding can successfully achieve weight loss outcomes that patients had previously been unsuccessful in attaining with a much more surgically invasive gastric bypass operation. (PRWeb September 17, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12170185.htm Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'