Gastric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relating to or involving the stomach; "gastric ulcer"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gastric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gastric'
- Gastric plexuses: The superior gastric plexus (gastric or coronary plexus) accompanies the left gastric artery along the lesser curvature of the stomach, and joins with
- Gastric rugae: The gastric rugae (or gastric folds) may be seen during esophagogastroduodenoscopy or in radiological studies. They provide the stomach with increased
- Short gastric veins: The short gastric veins, four or five in number, drain the fundus and left part of the greater curvature of the stomach, and pass between the two layers
- Gastric shield: A gastric shield is an organ in the digestive tract of bivalves and some gastropods against which a crystalline style typically rotates, in an action
- Right gastric artery: The right gastric artery (pyloric artery) arises above the pylorus from the proper hepatic artery or less frequently from the common hepatic artery, descends
- Gastric pits: Gastric pits are indentations in the stomach which denote entrances to the tubular shaped gastric glands. They are deeper in the pylorus than they are
- Gastric lipase: Gastric lipase, also known as LIPF, is an enzymatic protein that, in humans, is encoded by the LIPF gene. Gastric lipase is an acidic lipase secreted
- Gastric acid: Gastric acid is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach. It is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) (around 0.5%, or 5000 parts per million) as high as
- Esophageal branches of left gastric artery: The esophageal branches of left gastric artery are branches which supply the esophagus. celiactrunk at The Anatomy Lesson by Wesley Norman (Georgetown
Words and phrases related to 'Gastric'
Gastric Sample Sentences in News
- Amgen Stops Gastric-Cancer Drug Trials on Increase in Deaths
Amgen Inc. (AMGN) ended clinical trials of a drug for advanced gastric cancer after an independent committee monitoring the studies found an increase in the number of deaths for people using the medicine along with chemotherapy. Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- Vegetable oil ingredient key to destroying gastric disease bacteria
The bacterium Helicobacter pylori is strongly associated with gastric ulcers and cancer. To combat the infection, researchers developed LipoLLA, a therapeutic nanoparticle that contains linolenic acid, a component in vegetable oils. In mice, LipoLLA was safe and more effective against H. pylori infection than standard antibiotic treatments. Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- Amgen ends studies of gastric cancer drug
Biotech drugmaker Amgen said Monday it is ending late-stage trials of its gastric cancer treatment rilotumumab because patients who took the drug were more likely to die. Amgen said more patients died ... Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'