Gastric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relating to or involving the stomach; "gastric ulcer"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gastric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gastric'
- Gastric vein: Gastric vein can refer to: Left gastric vein Right gastric vein.
- Gastric acid: Gastric acid is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach . It is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) (around 0.5%, or 5000 parts per ...
- Gastric bypass surgery: Gastric bypass surgery refers to a surgical procedure in which the stomach is divided into a small upper pouch and a much larger lower " ...
- Gastric lavage: Gastric lavage , also commonly called stomach pumping or gastric irrigation, is the process of cleaning out the contents of the stomach ...
- Gastric dilatation volvulus: Gastric dilatation volvulus (also known as twisted stomach, gastric torsion and GDV) is a medical condition in which the stomach becomes ...
- Adjustable gastric band: A laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, commonly called a lap-band, A band, or LAGB, is an inflatable silicone device placed around the ...
- Gastric mucosa: The gastric mucosa is the mucous membrane layer of the stomach which contains the glands and the gastric pits . In humans it is about 1 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Gastric'
Gastric Sample Sentences in News
- Gastric bypass surgery leads to more weight loss, complications, study finds
For the first time, researchers have compared the efficacy and outcomes of two of the most common weight loss surgeries to help bariatric surgery patients make the best decision for their health and weight loss goals. Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- Study compares gastric bypass procedures in weight loss, complications
In a study of two of the most commonly performed bariatric surgery procedures, laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass resulted in much greater weight loss than adjustable gastric banding but had a higher risk of short-term complications and long-term subsequent hospitalizations, according to a report published online by JAMA Surgery. Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- Scientists grow miniature human stomachs from stem cells
Miniature stomachs gastric organoids will help in study of ulcers and could be used in future to repair patients stomachs Scientists have grown miniature human stomachs from stem cells as a way of studying gastric diseases such as ulcers and stomach cancer and in the future creating tissue to repair patients stomachs. The mini-stomachs are grown in petri dishes fr Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'