Gastric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relating to or involving the stomach; "gastric ulcer"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gastric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gastric'
- Gastric acid: Gastric acid, gastric juice or stomach acid, is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach and is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) .05–0.1 M (roughly
- Gastric varices: Gastric varices are dilated submucosal veins in the stomach, which can be a life-threatening cause of bleeding in the upper gastrointestinal tract. They
- Gastric plexuses: The superior gastric plexus (gastric or coronary plexus) accompanies the left gastric artery along the lesser curvature of the stomach, and joins with
- Gastric pits: Gastric pits are indentations in the stomach which denote entrances to the tubular shaped gastric glands. They are deeper in the pylorus than they are
- Gastric folds: The gastric folds (or gastric rugae) may be seen during esophagogastroduodenoscopy or in radiological studies. They provide the stomach with increased
- Gastric bypass surgery: Gastric bypass surgery refers to a surgical procedure in which the stomach is divided into a small upper pouch and a much larger lower "remnant" pouch
- Gastric-brooding frog: The gastric-brooding frogs or platypus frogs (Rheobatrachus) were a genus of ground-dwelling frogs native to Queensland in eastern Australia. The genus
- Left gastric artery: esophagus. The left gastric artery anastomoses with the right gastric artery, which runs right to left. In terms of disease, the left gastric artery may be
- Adjustable gastric band: A laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, commonly called a lap-band, A band, or LAGB, is an inflatable silicone device placed around the top portion of
Words and phrases related to 'Gastric'