Gastric Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relating to or involving the stomach; "gastric ulcer"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Gastric'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Gastric'
- Gastric plexuses: The superior gastric plexus (gastric or coronary plexus) accompanies the left gastric artery along the lesser curvature of the stomach, and joins with
- Short gastric veins: The short gastric veins, four or five in number, drain the fundus and left part of the greater curvature of the stomach, and pass between the two layers
- Right gastric artery: The right gastric artery (pyloric artery) arises above the pylorus from the proper hepatic artery or less frequently from the common hepatic artery, descends
- Gastric shield: A gastric shield is an organ in the digestive tract of bivalves and some gastropods against which a crystalline style typically rotates, in an action
- Gastric pits: Gastric pits are indentations in the stomach which denote entrances to the tubular shaped gastric glands. They are deeper in the pylorus than they are
- Gastric chief cell: A gastric chief cell (or peptic cell, or gastric zymogenic cell) is a type of cell in the stomach that releases pepsinogen and gastric lipase and is the
- Gastric acid: Gastric acid is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach. It is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) (around 0.5%, or 5000 parts per million) as high as
- Esophageal branches of left gastric artery: The esophageal branches of left gastric artery are branches which supply the esophagus. celiactrunk at The Anatomy Lesson by Wesley Norman (Georgetown
- Gastric lipase: Gastric lipase, also known as LIPF, is an enzymatic protein that, in humans, is encoded by the LIPF gene. Gastric lipase is an acidic lipase secreted
Words and phrases related to 'Gastric'
Gastric Sample Sentences in News
- Alexandria Weight Loss Surgeon Discusses Results of New Gastric Sleeve Surgery Study
According to an article in the monthly newspaper General Surgery News, a recent study by Carlin et al in Annals of Surgery showed that laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, also known as gastric sleeve surgery, ... Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- Research and Markets: Gastric Cancer Partnering Deals and Agreements Analysis 2010-2015
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Gastric Cancer Partnering 2010-2015" report to their offe Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Offers Antidiabetic Benefits, Reveals New Haven Bariatric Surgeon
According to the National Institutes of Health, obesity is a significant risk factor for the development and advancement of type 2 diabetes -- the most common form of diabetes. Dr. Rishi Ramlogan, a weight ... Read more on this news related to 'Gastric'