Galactic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- inconceivably large
- of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way); "the galactic plane"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Galactic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Galactic'
- Galactic: "Galactic". For generic usage, see Galaxy. For specific astronomical usage, see Milky Way Galaxy. For the aviation callsign, see Virgin Galactic.
- Galactic coordinate system: The galactic coordinate system is a celestial coordinate system in spherical coordinates, with the Sun as its center, the primary direction aligned with
- Galactic year: The galactic year, also known as a cosmic year, is the duration of time required for the Solar System to orbit once around the center of the Milky Way
- Galactic plane: the galactic plane point to the galactic poles. Most often, in actual usage, the terms "galactic plane" and "galactic poles" are used to refer specifically
- Galactic corona: The terms galactic corona and gaseous corona have been used in the first decade of the 21st century to describe a hot, ionised, gaseous component in the
- Galactic halo: The galactic halo is an extended, roughly spherical component of a galaxy which extends beyond the main, visible component. It can refer to any of several
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Legend of the Galactic Heroes (銀河英雄伝説, Ginga Eiyū Densetsu?), also known as LOTGH (銀英伝, Gin'eiden?), is a series of science fiction novels written by Yoshiki
- Galactic Center: (astronomy). For the book saga, see Galactic Center Saga. Play media Play media The Galactic Center (or Galactic Centre) is the rotational center
- Galactic Republic: The Old Republic. "galactic republic" redirects here. It is not to be confused with Galactic Federation (disambiguation). The Galactic Republic is the name
Words and phrases related to 'Galactic'
Galactic Sample Sentences in News
- Virgin Galactic's Next SpaceShipTwo May Be Ready Soon (Video)
The private spaceflight company Virgin Galactic's second SpaceShipTwo is really starting to come together, just a few months after the first one broke apart during a tragic test flight accident. In a new video showing the next SpaceShipTwo, Virgin Galactic officials and engineers building the commerical spaceliner provided a revealing look behind the scenes of Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'
- Virgin Galactic to test new rocket without longtime aerospace partner
After last year's fatal crash, Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic will now test its new SpaceShipTwo rocket without its longtime aerospace partner that designed and built the first plane. Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'
- Virgin Galactic Will Recover from Tragic Crash, Richard Branson Says
The private space travel company Virgin Galactic is more committed than ever to its commercial spaceliner business as it recovers from a tragic SpaceShipTwo crash that killed one test pilot and injured another last year, company founder Sir Richard Branson wrote Friday (Jan. 2). In a blog postreflecting on the Oct. 31 SpaceShipTwo crash, Branson wrote that he init Read more on this news related to 'Galactic'