Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fusty'
Fusty Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- stale and unclean smelling [syn: musty, frowsty]
- old-fashioned and out of date [syn: standpat(a), unprogressive, nonprogressive] [also: fustiest, fustier]
- Fusty \Fusty\, a. [Compar. Fustier; superl Fustiest.] [See
- Moldy; musty; ill-smelling; rank. ``A fusty plebeians.'' --Shak.
- Moping. [Archaic] A melancholy, fusty humor. --Pepys.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fusty'
Words and phrases related to 'Fusty'
Fusty Sample Sentences in News
- Jackson to show human side of war
Film-maker Sir Peter Jackson says the new World War I museum he is curating will avoid fusty military tactics and the minutiae of the conflict and focus on New Zealand soldiers and their experiences, right down to the smell of the... Read more on this news related to 'Fusty'
- Whether or not he pulls off his Italian job, Stephen Gallacher deserves to play in the Ryder Cup
YOU know that feeling on a golf course when you get to the seventh or eighth hole of a particularly torrid round in which you have watched more balls disappear than a vet in an industrial neutering factory, and you have a despairing guddle about in your fusty bag to discover that there are only three battered old Pinnacles left to sustain you through the rest of t Read more on this news related to 'Fusty'