Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fusty'
Fusty Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- stale and unclean smelling [syn: musty, frowsty]
- old-fashioned and out of date [syn: standpat(a), unprogressive, nonprogressive] [also: fustiest, fustier]
- Fusty \Fusty\, a. [Compar. Fustier; superl Fustiest.] [See
- Moldy; musty; ill-smelling; rank. ``A fusty plebeians.'' --Shak.
- Moping. [Archaic] A melancholy, fusty humor. --Pepys.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fusty'
Words and phrases related to 'Fusty'
Fusty Sample Sentences in News
- Preachy 'Company You Keep' unearths some old '70s radicals
Director-star Robert Redford plays a passive lawyer who was once part of a violent political group. His film plays like a didactic history lesson with a distinct whiff of chalk and a fusty, lecture-hall air. Read more on this news related to 'Fusty'
- The thorny issue of Vijay Singh and his horny medicaments won't go away
There was a period when antlers used to hang in some fusty room of a baronial pile that belonged to a retired major, who possessed eyebrows as thick as the Ardennes Forest and shuffled around with his shotgun half-cocked while recounting increasingly obscene anecdotes from his trigger-happy times of plunder. Read more on this news related to 'Fusty'
- 'Rock'n'roll' fashion brand Tiger of Sweden set to shake up St James's
A “rock’n’roll” Scandinavian fashion brand is opening a flagship store in the heart of St James’s — better known for fusty gentlemen’s clubs and traditional shirt makers. Read more on this news related to 'Fusty'