Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fora'
Fora Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
- a public facility to meet for open discussion [syn: assembly, meeting place]
- a place of assembly for the people in ancient Greece [syn: agora, public square] [also: fora (pl)]
- Forum \Fo"rum\, n.; pl. E. Forums, L. Fora. [L.; akin to
foris, foras, out of doors. See Foreign.]
- A market place or public place in Rome, where causes were judicially tried, and orations delivered to the people.
- A tribunal; a court; an assembly empowered to hear and decide causes. He [Lord Camden] was . . . more eminent in the senate than in the forum. --Brougham.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fora'
- Juiz de Fora: Juiz de Fora (ˈʒwiz dʒi ˈfɔɾɐ, pt:juiz de fora | itinerant magistrate ), also known as J.F., is a city in the southeastern Brazil ian ...
- Imperial fora: The Imperial Fora ( Fori Imperiali in Italian) consist of a series of monumental fora (public squares), constructed in Rome over a period ...
- Koobi Fora: Koobi Fora (pronounced ˈkuːbi ˈfɔrə |) refers primarily to a region around Koobi Fora Ridge, located on the eastern shore of Lake Turkana ...
- FORA.tv: FORA. tv, Inc. runs a website that gathers the web's largest collection of unmediated video drawn from live events, lectures, and debates ...
- Foras na Gaeilge: Foras na Gaeilge (Institute of Irish), abbreviated FnaG, is the governing body of the Irish language , responsible for the promotion of the ...