Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fora'
Fora Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
- a public facility to meet for open discussion [syn: assembly, meeting place]
- a place of assembly for the people in ancient Greece [syn: agora, public square] [also: fora (pl)]
- Forum \Fo"rum\, n.; pl. E. Forums, L. Fora. [L.; akin to
foris, foras, out of doors. See Foreign.]
- A market place or public place in Rome, where causes were judicially tried, and orations delivered to the people.
- A tribunal; a court; an assembly empowered to hear and decide causes. He [Lord Camden] was . . . more eminent in the senate than in the forum. --Brougham.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fora'
- Juiz de Fora: Juiz de Fora (ˈʒwiz dʒi ˈfɔɾɐ, pt:juiz de fora | itinerant magistrate ), also known as J.F., is a city in the southeastern Brazil ian ...
- Imperial fora: The Imperial Fora ( Fori Imperiali in Italian) consist of a series of monumental fora (public squares), constructed in Rome over a period ...
- Koobi Fora: Koobi Fora (pronounced ˈkuːbi ˈfɔrə |) refers primarily to a region around Koobi Fora Ridge, located on the eastern shore of Lake Turkana ...
- FORA.tv: FORA. tv, Inc. runs a website that gathers the web's largest collection of unmediated video drawn from live events, lectures, and debates ...
- Foras na Gaeilge: Foras na Gaeilge (Institute of Irish), abbreviated FnaG, is the governing body of the Irish language , responsible for the promotion of the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Fora'
Fora Sample Sentences in News
- FORA.tv to Broadcast an Intelligence Squared U.S. Debate Live March 5: "The President Has Constitutional Power to ...
FORA.tv will present a free live stream of an Intelligence Squared U.S. debate presented in partnership with the National Constitution Center that considers whether or not the President has constitutional power to kill U.S. citizens abroad. Arguing in favor of the motion are Alan Dershowitz and Michael Lewis, against are Noah Feldman and Hina Shamsi. (PRWeb March Read more on this news related to 'Fora'
- Fora Financial Allows Small Business to Thrive
Pita Grill Café Owner Overcomes Struggles in the Big Apple (PRWeb March 03, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11630092.htm Read more on this news related to 'Fora'
- FORA.tv to Broadcast an Intelligence Squared U.S. Debate Live from Harvard Law School Thursday, February 27 ...
FORA.tv will present a free live stream of the first Intelligence Squared U.S. debate presented in partnership with Harvard Law School that considers whether or not affirmative action is still needed in the higher education system. Arguing in favor of the motion are Gail Heriot and Richard Sander, against are Randall Kennedy and Theodore Shaw. (PRWeb February 27, Read more on this news related to 'Fora'