Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Flutter'
Flutter Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the act of moving back and forth [syn: waver, flicker]
- abnormally rapid beating of the auricles of the heart (especially in a regular rhythm); can result in heart block
- a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused" [syn: disturbance, disruption, commotion, stir, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle]
- the motion made by flapping up and down [syn: flap, flapping, fluttering] v
- move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart [syn: flit, fleet, dart]
- move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered" [syn: flicker, waver, flitter, quiver]
- beat rapidly; "His heart palpitated" [syn: palpitate]
- wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids" [syn: bat]
- Flutter \Flut"ter\, v. t.
- To vibrate or move quickly; as, a bird flutters its wings.
- To drive in disorder; to throw into confusion. Like an eagle in a dovecote, I Fluttered your Volscians in Corioli. --Shak.
- Flutter \Flut"ter\, n.
- The act of fluttering; quick and irregular motion; vibration; as, the flutter of a fan. The chirp and flutter of some single bird --Milnes.
- Hurry; tumult; agitation of the mind; confusion; disorder. --Pope. Flutter wheel, a water wheel placed below a fall or in a chute where rapidly moving water strikes the tips of the floats; -- so called from the spattering, and the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Flutter'
- Flutter: Flutter can refer to: Flutter (electronics and communication), any rapid variation of signal parameters. Aeroelastic flutter , a rapid self- ...
- Atrial flutter: Atrial flutter (AFL) is an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart When it first occurs, it is usually associated ...
- Flutter (electronics and communication): In electronics and communication , flutter is the rapid variation of signal parameters, such as amplitude , phase , and frequency . ...
- Flutter (film): Flutter is an upcoming British independent dark comedy film about gambling , written by Stephen Leslie and directed by Giles Borg ...
- Flutter (animated short): Flutter is a 2006 anime -style animated short by Howie Shia, co-produced by PPF House and the National Film Board of Canada . ...
- Ventricular flutter: Ventricular flutter is an arrhythmia , more specifically a tachycardia affecting the ventricle s with a rate over 200 beats/min. ...
- Flutter-tonguing: Flutter-tonguing is a wind instrument tonguing technique in which performers flutter their tongue to make a characteristic "FrrrrFrrrrr ...
Words and phrases related to 'Flutter'
Flutter Sample Sentences in News
- Flutter Eyewear Blends Fashion and Functionality With New Mother's Day Gifts
REDWOOD CITY, CA-- - CORE NEWS FACTS: Flutter Eyewear , the online eyewear retailer offering gorgeous reading glasses for stylish women, today announced that it is offering Flutter Jewelry, gift cards ... Read more on this news related to 'Flutter'
- 'Skitter Flutter' sound sculpture
visual1sound0505: 'Skitter Flutter,' a sound installation by Robbie Lynn Hunsinger, opens May 10 at SeedSpace Gallery. At last fall’s Sound Crawl festival, Robbie Lynn Hunsinger premiered a composition she called “Arduino and Sax duet for robotic drummer.” Read more on this news related to 'Flutter'
- Flutter Road closure set
Flutter Road is to close between Wheelock and Schwartz roads next week for a sanitary sewer installation, the Allen County Highway Department said today. Read more on this news related to 'Flutter'