Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Flutter'
Flutter Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the act of moving back and forth [syn: waver, flicker]
- abnormally rapid beating of the auricles of the heart (especially in a regular rhythm); can result in heart block
- a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused" [syn: disturbance, disruption, commotion, stir, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle]
- the motion made by flapping up and down [syn: flap, flapping, fluttering] v
- move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart [syn: flit, fleet, dart]
- move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered" [syn: flicker, waver, flitter, quiver]
- beat rapidly; "His heart palpitated" [syn: palpitate]
- wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids" [syn: bat]
- Flutter \Flut"ter\, v. t.
- To vibrate or move quickly; as, a bird flutters its wings.
- To drive in disorder; to throw into confusion. Like an eagle in a dovecote, I Fluttered your Volscians in Corioli. --Shak.
- Flutter \Flut"ter\, n.
- The act of fluttering; quick and irregular motion; vibration; as, the flutter of a fan. The chirp and flutter of some single bird --Milnes.
- Hurry; tumult; agitation of the mind; confusion; disorder. --Pope. Flutter wheel, a water wheel placed below a fall or in a chute where rapidly moving water strikes the tips of the floats; -- so called from the spattering, and the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Flutter'
- Flutter: Flutter can refer to: Flutter (electronics and communication), any rapid variation of signal parameters. Aeroelastic flutter , a rapid self- ...
- Atrial flutter: Atrial flutter (AFL) is an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart When it first occurs, it is usually associated ...
- Flutter (electronics and communication): In electronics and communication , flutter is the rapid variation of signal parameters, such as amplitude , phase , and frequency . ...
- Flutter (film): Flutter is an upcoming British independent dark comedy film about gambling , written by Stephen Leslie and directed by Giles Borg ...
- Flutter (animated short): Flutter is a 2006 anime -style animated short by Howie Shia, co-produced by PPF House and the National Film Board of Canada . ...
- Ventricular flutter: Ventricular flutter is an arrhythmia , more specifically a tachycardia affecting the ventricle s with a rate over 200 beats/min. ...
- Flutter-tonguing: Flutter-tonguing is a wind instrument tonguing technique in which performers flutter their tongue to make a characteristic "FrrrrFrrrrr ...
Words and phrases related to 'Flutter'
Flutter Sample Sentences in News
- China Retains 7.5% Growth Target for 2014 as Challenges Mount
Red flags flutter near the Chinese national emblem outside the Great Hall of the People in Beijing. Red flags flutter near the Chinese national emblem outside the Great Hall of the People in Beijing. Read more on this news related to 'Flutter'
- Arvind Kejriwal travels by chartered plane, creates flutter
Arvind Kejriwal travels by chartered plane, creates flutter Read more on this news related to 'Flutter'
- Have a flutter after Flitty’s shop launch
Chorley FC boss Gary Flitcroft will be under starter’s orders this morning. Read more on this news related to 'Flutter'