Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fluster'
Fluster Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a disposition that is confused or nervous and upset [syn: perturbation]
- be flustered; behave in a confused manner
- cause to be nervous or upset
- Fluster \Flus"ter\, v. i.
To be in a heat or bustle; to be agitated and confused.
The flstering, vainglorious Greeks. --South.
- Fluster \Flus"ter\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Flustered; p. pr. &
vb. n. Flustering.] [Cf. Icel. flaustra to be flustered,
flaustr a fluster.]
To make hot and rosy, as with drinking; to heat; hence, to
throw into agitation and confusion; to confuse; to muddle.
His habit or flustering himself daily with claret.
- Fluster \Flus"ter\, n.
Heat or glow, as from drinking; agitation mingled with
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fluster'
Words and phrases related to 'Fluster'
Fluster Sample Sentences in News
- FSA tests fluster talented student
Student was able to write excellent speech on capital punishment, but was flustered by simplistic FSA test. Read more on this news related to 'Fluster'
- Benton girls fluster Lafayette for easy win
Benton went deep into a normally shallow bench in Tuesday's first half, relying on quality minutes from unheralded substitutes in another chapter of an increasingly lopsided rivalry. Read more on this news related to 'Fluster'
- Duchess of Cornwall sports windswept look… a week after urging Kate to chop off her locks
THE Duchess of Cornwall ended up in a bit of a fluster earlier today after getting caught in a gust of wind while boarding the HMS Illustrious. Read more on this news related to 'Fluster'