Fitful Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- intermittently stopping and starting; "fitful (or interrupted) sleep"; "off-and-on static"
- occurring in spells and often abruptly; "fitful bursts of energy"; "spasmodic rifle fire"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fitful'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fitful'
Fitful Sample Sentences in News
- Fitful stockmarkets fail to impede progress in Growth Portfolio
Investment markets have been moving in different directions since the previous review. Some equity markets, such as those in the US and Asia, rose, while others, such as UK and European markets, fell. Bonds have been positive. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- Cramer Remix: Fitful market and a good grocer play
Think unrest overseas is causing the wild swings in the market? You're half right. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stocks end marginally higher; small caps rally
After a fitful start, the U.S. stock market rises on Thursday, seemingly lifted by comments by a Federal Reserve officials, who said the central bank should extend a crisis-era bond-buying program meant to end this month. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'