Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fitful'
Fitful Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- occurring in spells and often abruptly; "fitful bursts of energy"; "spasmodic rifle fire" [syn: spasmodic]
- intermittently stopping and starting; "fitful (or interrupted) sleep"; "off-and-on static" [syn: interrupted, off-and-on(a)]
- Fitful \Fit"ful\, a. [From 7th Fit.]
Full of fits; irregularly variable; impulsive and unstable.
After life's fitful fever, he sleeps well. --Shak.
-- Fit"ful*ly, adv. -- Fit"ful*ness, n.
The victorious trumpet peal Dies fitfully away.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fitful'
Words and phrases related to 'Fitful'
Fitful Sample Sentences in News
- Jobless Claims in U.S. Rose 16,000 Last Week to 326,000
April 3 (Bloomberg) -- The number of Americans filing applications for unemployment benefits rose more than forecast last week after reaching a six-month low, a sign that progress in the labor market remains fitful. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- The High-Def Drone Bringing Better Aerial Footage to YouTube
Multirotor drones -- remote-controlled machines that fly and hover like oversize insects -- are a quantum leap over your kid's fitful toy helicopter. The DJI Phantom 2, the latest iteration of a highly ... Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- Patrick Reed's promising Masters debut ends with a fitful finish | Jeff Duncan
Baton Rouge prep product bogeys final three holes to finish 1-over Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'