Fitful Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- intermittently stopping and starting; "fitful (or interrupted) sleep"; "off-and-on static"
- occurring in spells and often abruptly; "fitful bursts of energy"; "spasmodic rifle fire"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fitful'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fitful'
Fitful Sample Sentences in News
- Review: 'Odd Couple' boasts a winning duo
Spirited but fitful Latino-minded production leans a bit too hard on local angles. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- Fighting the factors that rob you of rest
You might remember a time when you could drift off to sleep in an instant and remain in a state of blissful slumber well past lunchtime the next day. Now your sleep is more likely to be lighter and more fitful, and when you wake up in the morning you don’t always feel refreshed. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- Slowing Home Sales Show U.S. Market Lacks Momentum: Economy
Aug. 25 (Bloomberg) -- New-home sales in the U.S. fell unexpectedly in July for the second month as the housing recovery makes only fitful progress. Scarlet Fu reports on "Market Makers." Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'