Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fitful'
Fitful Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- occurring in spells and often abruptly; "fitful bursts of energy"; "spasmodic rifle fire" [syn: spasmodic]
- intermittently stopping and starting; "fitful (or interrupted) sleep"; "off-and-on static" [syn: interrupted, off-and-on(a)]
- Fitful \Fit"ful\, a. [From 7th Fit.]
Full of fits; irregularly variable; impulsive and unstable.
After life's fitful fever, he sleeps well. --Shak.
-- Fit"ful*ly, adv. -- Fit"ful*ness, n.
The victorious trumpet peal Dies fitfully away.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fitful'
Words and phrases related to 'Fitful'
Fitful Sample Sentences in News
- Midday News Links: Expect More Snow Tuesday And Wednesday
We mentioned this morning the march to spring would be fitful, right? [ more › ] Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- Home pressure is building on Norwich City admits Chris Hughton
Norwich’s fitful away form is heaping huge pressure on their Carrow Road output, admits Chris Hughton. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- Dragons’ undoubted fire doused by a competition that’s all over the place
NEWPORT Gwent Dragons lost heavily to Ulster on Friday evening, in the fitful and possibly doomed competition that is currently called the RaboDirect Pro12 league. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'