Fitful Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- intermittently stopping and starting; "fitful (or interrupted) sleep"; "off-and-on static"
- occurring in spells and often abruptly; "fitful bursts of energy"; "spasmodic rifle fire"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fitful'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fitful'
Fitful Sample Sentences in News
- Fed Chief's Rate View Is Flexible; Data Fitful
Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen stuck to a familiar script in testimony to Congress Tuesday, noting improvement in the economy but reserving a flexible approach in beginning to raise interest rates. ... Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- The Lakers are either way behind the rest of the NBA, or secretly way ahead of it
Los Angeles seems to have a fitful relationship with anything that moves beyond basic box score statistics. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'
- 'No End In Sight' For Sept. 11 Proceedings At Guantanamo Bay
Endless preliminary motions, official shenanigans and a lack of legal precedent have mired the recently created war court in fitful proceedings. It could be years before the case ever goes to trial. Read more on this news related to 'Fitful'