Fervid Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- extremely hot; "the fervent heat...merely communicated a genial warmth to their half-torpid systems"- Nathaniel Hawthorne; "set out...when the fervid heat subsides"- Frances Trollope
- characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a burning enthusiasm"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Fervid'?
Words and phrases related to 'Fervid'
Fervid Sample Sentences in News
- The Joy of the Memorized Poem
William Butler Yeats’ “The Lake Isle of Innisfree” is about the allure of an imagined refuge. The poem’s distressed urban speaker fantasizes about fleeing the city and retreating to an idyllic Irish island; his fervid mantra is “I will arise and go.” For Billy Collins, author of Aimless Love, poetry itself is that sanctuary, a place to seek peace when Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'
- Edgey Pires of The Last Internationale talks rebellious music and Robert Plant
The remarkably fervid and socially charged rock trio the Last Internationale, is making the case for one of the most outstanding bands of 2014. With messages of political, social, and native issues, Last Internationale not only rocks harder than most bands out there, but does so with true substance in their work. Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'
- Ed Norton Jabs at Critics, Naomi Watts Reveals Nightmares and More from 'Birdman' NYFF Premiere
Few modern filmmakers have inspired as fervid and polarized responses from moviegoers as Alejandro González Iñárritu. The Mexican filmmaker's films, including "21 Grams," "Babel," and "Biutiful," have garnered myriad Academy Award nominations, including Best Director for Iñárritu ("Babel") and Best Actor for Jav Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'