Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fervid'
Fervid Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a burning enthusiasm"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair" [syn: ardent, burning(a), fervent, fiery, impassioned, perfervid, torrid]
- extremely hot; "the fervent heat...merely communicated a genial warmth to their half-torpid systems"- Nathaniel Hawthorne; "set out...when the fervid heat subsides"- Frances Trollope [syn: fervent]
- Fervid \Fer"vid\, a. [L. fervidus, fr. fervere. See Fervent.]
- Very hot; burning; boiling. The mounted sun Shot down direct his fervid rays. --Milton.
- Ardent; vehement; zealous. The fervid wishes, holy fires. --Parnell. -- Fer"vid*ly, adv. -- Fer"vid*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fervid'
Words and phrases related to 'Fervid'
Fervid Sample Sentences in News
- Pope Francis' Address to Italian Biblical Assocation
"It is necessary, naturally, that the exegete himself be able to perceive the divine Word in the texts, and this is possible only if his spiritual life is fervid, rich in dialogue with the Lord." Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'
- Watch Amy Sedaris Teach Jimmy Fallon How to Save Someone From Choking
Amy Sedaris recently took a CPR class, so she decided to go on Jimmy Fallon last night to share her new knowledge of how to save someone when they are having a heart attack or choking on something. The lessons involved Sedaris getting on the table, doing fervid compressions, and ... More » Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'