Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Fervid'
Fervid Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a burning enthusiasm"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair" [syn: ardent, burning(a), fervent, fiery, impassioned, perfervid, torrid]
- extremely hot; "the fervent heat...merely communicated a genial warmth to their half-torpid systems"- Nathaniel Hawthorne; "set out...when the fervid heat subsides"- Frances Trollope [syn: fervent]
- Fervid \Fer"vid\, a. [L. fervidus, fr. fervere. See Fervent.]
- Very hot; burning; boiling. The mounted sun Shot down direct his fervid rays. --Milton.
- Ardent; vehement; zealous. The fervid wishes, holy fires. --Parnell. -- Fer"vid*ly, adv. -- Fer"vid*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Fervid'
Words and phrases related to 'Fervid'
Fervid Sample Sentences in News
- ISIS: A Short History
The terrorist group's evolution from fervid fantasy to death cult Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'
- Anime-ted: Convention draws fervid fans
You don't just become Lightning.It's not that easy. It never is. Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'
- Watch Amy Sedaris Teach Jimmy Fallon How to Save Someone From Choking
Amy Sedaris recently took a CPR class, so she decided to go on Jimmy Fallon last night to share her new knowledge of how to save someone when they are having a heart attack or choking on something. The lessons involved Sedaris getting on the table, doing fervid compressions, and ... More » Read more on this news related to 'Fervid'