Extravagance Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- excessive spending
- the trait of spending extravagantly
- the quality of exceeding the appropriate limits of decorum or probability or truth; "we were surprised by the extravagance of his description"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the quality of exceeding the appropriate limits of decorum or probability or truth; "we were surprised by the extravagance of his description" ,
- the trait of spending extravagantly ,
- excessive spending
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Extravagance'?
Extravagance Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Eccentricity or extravagance is a word used to describe unusual behaviour in a person. People who have habits which many people think are very strange may be called eccentric. Eccentric behaviour is not necessarily good or bad in itself.
Some clever people (geniuses) have behaviour which might be described as eccentric. It is not always clear whether behaviour is just eccentric or whether it is madness.
Famous people who were eccentric in their different ways include Albert Einstein, Nero, Alan Turing, Howard Hughes, Ludwig II of Bavaria and Lord Berners.
Words and phrases related to 'Extravagance'
Extravagance Sample Sentences in News
- Archie Norman: Why hair-shirt management actually works
For the most part, the days of corporate extravagance are gone. But often there still survives an ethos of internal elitism, supported by more subtle privileges of office. Read more on this news related to 'Extravagance'
- Qantas eclipses Virgin announcement with latest redesigns
The battle of sky-high extravagance has reached new heights with Qantas today unveiling its latest business class suites. Read more on this news related to 'Extravagance'
- PM says ‘nyet’ to G20 extravagance
VLADIMIR Putin will be forced to slum it in five-star style for the G20 summit with Tony Abbott cancelling an $8 million tender to remodel luxury suites. Read more on this news related to 'Extravagance'