Extravagance Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- excessive spending
- the trait of spending extravagantly
- the quality of exceeding the appropriate limits of decorum or probability or truth; "we were surprised by the extravagance of his description"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the quality of exceeding the appropriate limits of decorum or probability or truth; "we were surprised by the extravagance of his description" ,
- the trait of spending extravagantly ,
- excessive spending
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Extravagance'?
Extravagance Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Eccentricity or extravagance is a word used to describe unusual behaviour in a person. People who have habits which many people think are very strange may be called eccentric. Eccentric behaviour is not necessarily good or bad in itself.
Some clever people (geniuses) have behaviour which might be described as eccentric. It is not always clear whether behaviour is just eccentric or whether it is madness.
Famous people who were eccentric in their different ways include Albert Einstein, Nero, Alan Turing, Howard Hughes, Ludwig II of Bavaria and Lord Berners.
Words and phrases related to 'Extravagance'
Extravagance Sample Sentences in News
- Revised 2015 Budget should declare war on corruption, incompetence and extravagance to provide example and leadership ...
The revised 2015 Budget should declare war on corruption, incompetence and extravagance to provide example and leadership of government commitment to austerity, accountability and integrity. Such a campaign would save the Malaysian government and taxpayers scores of billions of ringgit, which would help the country tide through the looming economic crisis as a res Read more on this news related to 'Extravagance'
- Watch: In Dubai, The Coolest New Year's Eve Spectacle?
The city already known for its extravagance upped the ante by lighting up the world's tallest building with 70,000 panels of LED bulbs. Read more on this news related to 'Extravagance'
- Guinness-maker Diageo reports falling profits
Diageo, the British maker of alcoholic drinks, reported Thursday a slump in profits, hit by falling sales of whisky in China and economic strains in Venezuela and Russia. In China, sales of Scotch were "down 22 percent as the effects of the government's anti-extravagance measures persist", Diageo said in its earnings statement. A government campaign Read more on this news related to 'Extravagance'