Extinct Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of e.g. volcanos; permanently inactive; "an extinct volcano"
- of a fire; being out or having grown cold; "threw his extinct cigarette into the stream"; "the fire is out"
- no longer in existence; lost or especially having died out leaving no living representatives; "an extinct species of fish"; "an extinct royal family"; "extinct laws and customs"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Extinct'?
Extinct Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Extinct Extinct in the Wild
Critically Endangered Endangered Vulnerable Threatened
Conservation Dependent Near Threatened Least Concern
World Conservation Union IUCN Red List
Words and phrases related to 'Extinct'
Extinct Sample Sentences in News
- 'Extinct' hare-wallaby found in Kimberley
THE spectacled hare-wallaby, feared extinct in the Kimberley, has been rediscovered near Broome. Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'
- Can the Long-Extinct Woolly Mammoth Be Cloned?
A woolly mammoth carcass recently unearthed in Siberia could be the best hope yet for scientists aiming to clone the massive, long-extinct beast. Details from the mammoth autopsy will air in the Smithsonian Channel special called "How to Clone a Woolly Mammoth," on Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'
- Extinct Cars Return from the Grave, Head to Brookline
This past Saturday, the Larz Anderson Museum in Brookline hosted “Extinct Car Day.” More than 50 cars that have since been retired from production packed the museum’s lawn on Newton Street and gave spectators a chance to get up close and personal with a host of antique autos. Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'