Extinct Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of e.g. volcanos; permanently inactive; "an extinct volcano"
- of a fire; being out or having grown cold; "threw his extinct cigarette into the stream"; "the fire is out"
- no longer in existence; lost or especially having died out leaving no living representatives; "an extinct species of fish"; "an extinct royal family"; "extinct laws and customs"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Extinct'?
Extinct Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Extinct Extinct in the Wild
Critically Endangered Endangered Vulnerable Threatened
Conservation Dependent Near Threatened Least Concern
World Conservation Union IUCN Red List
Words and phrases related to 'Extinct'
Extinct Sample Sentences in News
- Seychelles snail, thought extinct, found alive
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A snail once thought to have been among the first species to go extinct because of climate change has reappeared in the wild. Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'
- Market Bears Are Going Extinct
Bears are going extinct. A Barron's... Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'
- Washington's once extinct Tahuya River salmon run on its own after restoration effort (video)
Since 2004, biologists and volunteers have been working to restore an extinct population of summer chum salmon on the Tahuya River, which drains into southern Hood Canal southwest of Belfair. Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'