Extinct Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of e.g. volcanos; permanently inactive; "an extinct volcano"
- of a fire; being out or having grown cold; "threw his extinct cigarette into the stream"; "the fire is out"
- no longer in existence; lost or especially having died out leaving no living representatives; "an extinct species of fish"; "an extinct royal family"; "extinct laws and customs"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Extinct'?
Extinct Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Extinct Extinct in the Wild
Critically Endangered Endangered Vulnerable Threatened
Conservation Dependent Near Threatened Least Concern
World Conservation Union IUCN Red List
Words and phrases related to 'Extinct'
Extinct Sample Sentences in News
- Ancient Human Fossil Could Be New Primitive Species
An ancient human fossil discovered from the seafloor near Taiwan reveals that a primitive group of humans, potentially an unknown species, once lived in Asia, researchers say. These findings suggest that multiple lineages of extinct humans may have coexisted in Asia before the arrival of modern humans in the region about 40,000 years ago, the scientists added. Alt Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'
- How Flying Fish Took Flight? Fossils May Tell Us
An extinct flying fish may shed light on how gliding evolved in such animals, researchers say. Modern flying fish are famous for leaping from the water to glide in the air using long, winglike fins, presumably to escape aquatic predators. Much remains unknown about how modern flying fish developed their gliding abilities, since there is little in the way of miss Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'
- Out of the pouch: Ancient DNA from extinct giant roos
( University of Adelaide ) Scientists have finally managed to extract DNA from Australia's extinct giant kangaroos -- the mysterious marsupial megafauna that roamed Australia over 40,000 years ago. Read more on this news related to 'Extinct'