Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Evasion'
Evasion Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a statement that is not literally false but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth [syn: equivocation]
- the deliberate act of failing to pay money; "his evasion of all his creditors"; "he was indicted for nonpayment" [syn: nonpayment] [ant: payment]
- nonperformance of something distasteful (as by deceit or trickery) that you are supposed to do; "his evasion of his clear duty was reprehensible"; "that escape from the consequences is possible but unattractive" [syn: escape, dodging]
- the act of physically escaping from something (an opponent or a pursuer or an unpleasant situation) by some adroit maneuver
- Evasion \E*va"sion\, n. [L. evasio: cf. F. ['e]vasion. See
The act of eluding or avoiding, particularly the pressure of
an argument, accusation, charge, or interrogation; artful
means of eluding.
Thou . . . by evasions thy crime uncoverest more.
Syn: Shift; subterfuge; shuffling; prevarication;
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Evasion'
- Evasion: Evasion may refer to: Évasion , a Canadian French-language travel and adventure television channel. Evasion (ethics), a deceptive act ...
- Tax avoidance and tax evasion: By contrast, tax evasion is the general term for efforts not to pay taxes by illegal means. The term tax mitigation is a synonym for tax ...
- Evasion (book): Evasion is a book that spun off from a zine of the same name. It was published by CrimethInc. in 2003. "the Evasion Kid", or "Mac Evasion." ...
- Evasion (law): In law , the Doctrine of Evasion is a fundamental public policy . Whereas a person may legitimately plan his or her affairs so as to avoid ...
- Evasion (ethics): Evasion is, in ethics, an act that deceives by stating a true statement that is irrelevant or leads to a false conclusion. For instance, a ...
- Fare evasion: Fare evasion, as distinct from fare avoidance , is the act of travelling on public transport in disregard of the law and/or regulation , ...
- Pursuit-evasion: Pursuit-evasion (variants of which are referred to as cops and robbers and graph searching) is a family of problems in mathematics and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Evasion'