Erratic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- liable to sudden unpredictable change; "erratic behavior"; "fickle weather"; "mercurial twists of temperament"; "a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, utterly fragile the next"
- likely to perform unpredictably; "erratic winds are the bane of a sailor"; "a temperamental motor; sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldn''t"; "that beautiful but temperamental instrument the flute"- Osbert Lancaster
- having no fixed course; "an erratic comet"; "his life followed a wandering course"; "a planetary vagabond"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Erratic'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Erratic'
- Erratic: Erratic may refer to: Erratic, a project of music artist Jan Robbe Glacial erratic, a piece of rock that differs from the size and type of rock native
- Big Rock (glacial erratic): Big Rock (also known as Okotoks Erratic) is a glacial erratic situated 7 km (4.3 mi) west of the town of Okotoks, Alberta, Canada (18 km (11 mi) south
- Glacial erratic: A glacial erratic is a piece of rock that differs from the size and type of rock native to the area in which it rests. "Erratics" take their name from
- Erratic Valley: Erratic Valley is a short valley on Alexander Island, Antarctica, that joins Ablation Valley from the north. It was named from the large number of erratic
- Erratic Rock State Natural Site: Erratic Rock State Natural Site is a state park in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, United States. Featuring a 40-short-ton (36 t) glacial erratic from
- Erratic Point: Erratic Point is a small, moss-covered point at the head of South West Bay, 1.3 nautical miles (2.4 km) northeast of Cape Gazert, on the west side of
- Erratic ant: The erratic ant (Tapinoma erraticum) is a species of dolichoderine ant first described in 1789 by Latreille. This species ranges throughout Central Europe
Words and phrases related to 'Erratic'
Erratic Sample Sentences in News
- Thousands flee as weakened typhoon nears east Philippines; erratic path puts Manila on alert
A ferocious and dangerously erratic typhoon blew closer to the Philippines Friday, as differing forecasts about its path — one predicting it will graze the capital Manila — prompted a much wider swath of the country to prepare for a weekend of possibly destructive winds and rain. Read more on this news related to 'Erratic'
- Philippines braces for powerful, erratic typhoon
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — A wide swath of the Philippines, including the capital Manila, braced Friday for a dangerously erratic and powerful typhoon approaching from the Pacific, about a year after the country was lashed by Typhoon Haiyan that left more than 7,300 people dead. Read more on this news related to 'Erratic'
- London stocks cap 'erratic' session with late-day surge
London stocks cap 'erratic' session with late-day surge Read more on this news related to 'Erratic'