Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Equalling'
Equalling Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- well matched; having the same quantity, value, or measure as another; "on equal terms"; "all men are equal before the law" [ant: unequal]
- equal in amount or value; "like amounts"; "equivalent amounts"; "the same amount"; "gave one six blows and the other a like number"; "an equal number"; "the same number" [syn: like, equivalent, same] [ant: unlike] n : a person who is of equal standing with another in a group [syn: peer, match, compeer] v
- be identical or equivalent to; "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!" [syn: be] [ant: differ]
- be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents" [syn: touch, rival, match]
- make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors" [syn: match, equalize, equalise, equate] [also: equalling, equalled]
- Equal \E"qual\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Equaledor Equalled; p.
pr. & vb. n. Equaling or Equalling.]
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Equalling'
Words and phrases related to 'Equalling'
Equalling Sample Sentences in News
- Rumford’s record equalling bid remains on course
Australian keeps up stunning form in Bulgaria as Lowry loses opener Read more on this news related to 'Equalling'
- Record-equalling round gives Ilonen China golf lead
Finland's Mikko Ilonen fired a record-equalling nine-under-par to claim a three-shot lead after the second round of the Volvo China Open on Friday. Read more on this news related to 'Equalling'
- Record-equalling round in China Open golf
A round of nine-under-par 63 has given Finnish golfer Mikko Ilonen a three-shot lead over Australian Brett Rumford after two rounds of the China Open. Read more on this news related to 'Equalling'