Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Equalling'
Equalling Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- well matched; having the same quantity, value, or measure as another; "on equal terms"; "all men are equal before the law" [ant: unequal]
- equal in amount or value; "like amounts"; "equivalent amounts"; "the same amount"; "gave one six blows and the other a like number"; "an equal number"; "the same number" [syn: like, equivalent, same] [ant: unlike] n : a person who is of equal standing with another in a group [syn: peer, match, compeer] v
- be identical or equivalent to; "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!" [syn: be] [ant: differ]
- be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents" [syn: touch, rival, match]
- make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors" [syn: match, equalize, equalise, equate] [also: equalling, equalled]
- Equal \E"qual\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Equaledor Equalled; p.
pr. & vb. n. Equaling or Equalling.]
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Equalling'
Words and phrases related to 'Equalling'
Equalling Sample Sentences in News
- Record-equalling Bjoerndalen leads golden oldies
Sochi (Russia) (AFP) - Norwegian biathlete Ole Einar Bjoerndalen made a mockery of his 40 years on Saturday when he won a record-equalling 12th Winter Olympic medal as Sochi's senior citizens nudged aside younger rivals. Bjoerndalen went level with compatriot Bjorn Daehlie, who also gathered 12 medals in his cross country career. Outspoken ski star Bode Miller Read more on this news related to 'Equalling'
- Two Americans Reach The Podium In Men's Super-G
Kjetil Jansrud gave Norway a record-equalling fourth straight win in the men's super-G at the Sochi Games on Sunday, while a tearful Bode Miller shared bronze to become the oldest Olympic Alpine skiing medallist at 36. Read more on this news related to 'Equalling'
- Blues' boss on brink of cup record
Linfield boss David Jeffrey is on the brink of equalling the record haul of trophies set by former manager Roy Coyle, should the Blues lift the County Antrim Shield on Tuesday. Read more on this news related to 'Equalling'