Epic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a long narrative poem telling of a hero''s deeds
- very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale); "an epic voyage"; "of heroic proportions"; "heroic sculpture"
- constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic; "epic tradition"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Epic'?
Epic Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Epic poetry is a form of poetry. It is one of the main forms of poetry, with lyrics and drama. Epic poetry is usually very long, and takes place in different settings. There are characters in the story. Well-known people who wrote epics were Homer, Virgil, Ovid, Dante, Edmund Spenser and Milton. William Wordsworth's Prelude plays with epic ideas though the poem is autobiography.
Epics have six main characteristics:
Conventions of Epics:
Words and phrases related to 'Epic'
Epic Sample Sentences in News
- EPIC Connections Announces New Cloud Technology and Consulting Client
EPIC Connections, Inc., a leading provider of customer engagement and contact center optimization, announced today a new client in the financial services industry. The new client is a leading financial ... Read more on this news related to 'Epic'
- EPIC Proclaims Its Stock Is Undervalued and It Is Not a 'Shell Company'
EPIC Corporation and Ronald S. Tucker, EPIC's president, declared "EPIC's common stock is undervalued and EPIC is not a 'shell company' as defined by Rule 144 . Management believes that due to EPIC ... Read more on this news related to 'Epic'
- Epic Systems' Judy Faulkner: We're not the bad guy
In a rare interview, the CEO tells Politico that criticism of the company for not facilitating record sharing is unfounded. Read more on this news related to 'Epic'