Epic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a long narrative poem telling of a hero''s deeds
- very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale); "an epic voyage"; "of heroic proportions"; "heroic sculpture"
- constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic; "epic tradition"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Epic'?
Epic Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Epic poetry is a form of poetry. It is one of the main forms of poetry, with lyrics and drama. Epic poetry is usually very long, and takes place in different settings. There are characters in the story. Well-known people who wrote epics were Homer, Virgil, Ovid, Dante, Edmund Spenser and Milton. William Wordsworth's Prelude plays with epic ideas though the poem is autobiography.
Epics have six main characteristics:
Conventions of Epics:
Words and phrases related to 'Epic'
Epic Sample Sentences in News
- EPIC adds Multinational Placement Specialist Annette Shepherd in its Southeast Region
DULUTH, Ga., Sept. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- EPIC ( www.epicbrokers.com ) a retail property, casualty insurance brokerage and employee benefits broker, announced today that it has added Annette Shepherd ... Read more on this news related to 'Epic'
- Creating epic-scale games on an indie budget
"While you'll always face compromises, there is nothing stopping anyone from creating a vast, engaging, and epic-scale game on an indie budget." ... Read more on this news related to 'Epic'
- “Epic! for Educators” Available for Free to School Teachers and School Librarians
Epic!, the first all-you-can-read eBook subscription service designed for kids ages 12 and under, today announced “Epic! for Educators,” a free iPad version of its award-winning app that is now available to U.S. Read more on this news related to 'Epic'