Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Drifting'
Drifting Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- continually changing especially as from one abode or occupation to another; "a drifting double-dealer"; "the floating population"; "vagrant hippies of the sixties" [syn: aimless, floating, vagabond, vagrant]
- afloat on the surface of a body of water; "after the storm the boats were adrift" [syn: adrift(p), drifting(a)] n : aimless wandering from place to place
- Drift \Drift\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Drifted; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To float or be driven along by, or as by, a current of water or air; as, the ship drifted astern; a raft drifted ashore; the balloon drifts slowly east. We drifted o'er the harbor bar. -- Coleridge.
- To accumulate in heaps by the force of wind; to be driven into heaps; as, snow or sand drifts.
- (mining) to make a drift; to examine a vein or ledge for the purpose of ascertaining the presence of metals or ores; to follow a vein; to prospect. [U.S.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Drifting'
- Drifting (motorsport): Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a motorsport where the driver ... A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than ...
- Drifting (film): Drifting is a 1923 drama film directed by Tod Browning Cast : Priscilla Dean - Cassie Cook / Lucille Preston. Matt Moore - Capt. ...
- Drifting (Salmonella Dub song): "Drifting" is a single by New Zealand dub group Salmonella Dub released in 1999. Track listings ": "Drifting" (Radio Edit)" "Drifting" (Side ...
Words and phrases related to 'Drifting'
Drifting Sample Sentences in News
Byline: Volunteers from Newbiggin lifeboat station were called out tonight after lifeboat assistance was requested from a local yacht. Page Content: The call for assistance came in at around 8.30pm tonight after the 35 foot Northumberland yacht asked Humber coastguard for help. The yacht which had broken down almost 2mile east of Newbiggin Church Point and was dri Read more on this news related to 'Drifting'
- Fickle ice may explain Franklin ghost ship mystery
ABOARD CCGS SIR WILFRID LAURIER—One of the many mysteries of the lost Franklin expedition is the story of a three-masted ghost ship that Inuit hunters saw drifting southward in deadly silence. Before the last of Sir John Franklin’s 128 men died on their ill-fated mid-19th century mission to navigate the entire Northwest Passage, one of his officers wrote a bri Read more on this news related to 'Drifting'
- BRICS are drifting away from US and European monetary structures
The BRICS countries are slowly but surely drifting away from the 20th Century monetary and political structures setup by the U.S. and Europe, as characterized by Russia’s G8 membership being revoked in ... Read more on this news related to 'Drifting'