Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Docile'
Docile Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- willing to be taught or led or supervised or directed; "the docile masses of an enslaved nation" [ant: stubborn]
- ready and willing to be taught; "docile pupils eager for instruction"; "teachable youngsters" [syn: teachable]
- easily handled or managed; "a gentle old horse, docile and obedient" [syn: gentle]
- Docile \Doc"ile\, a. [L. docilis,fr. docere to teach; cf. Gr. ?,
and L. discere to learn, Gr. ? learned, ? knowing: cf. F.
docile. Cf. Doctor, Didactic, Disciple.]
- Teachable; easy to teach; docible. [Obs.]
- Disposed to be taught; tractable; easily managed; as, a docile child. The elephant is at once docible and docile. -- C. J. Smith.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Docile'
- Jean-Docile Brousseau: Jean-Docile Brousseau (February 24, 1825 – July 28, 1908) was a Canadian politician and newspaper owner. He was born in Quebec City in ...
Words and phrases related to 'Docile'
Docile Sample Sentences in News
- A Docile ETF For The Nat Gas Surge
Natural gas futures are volatile. That much is widely known and that volatility explains the allure of an ETF such as the U.S. Natural Gas Fund (NYSE: UNG ) for active, short-term traders. Read more on this news related to 'Docile'
- MH woman seeks owners of two pit bulls that allegedly attacked family pet in Paradise Park
The owner of a “docile” Dalmatian border collie mix is looking for the owners of what appeared to be two pit bull mixes that allegedly attacked her dog in the middle of a public park in Morgan Hill Mo Read more on this news related to 'Docile'
- One-tonne King Kong comes to life
At times docile, at others ferocious, the face and body of giant gorilla puppet is finally revealed. Read more on this news related to 'Docile'