Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Diverse'
- many and different; "tourist offices of divers nationalities"; "a person of diverse talents" [syn: divers(a)]
- distinctly dissimilar or unlike; "diverse parts of the country"; "celebrities as diverse as Bob Hope and Bob Dylan"; "animals as various as the jaguar and the cavy and the sloth" [syn: various]
- Diverse \Di"verse\ (?; 277), a. [The same word as divers. See
- Different; unlike; dissimilar; distinct; separate. The word . . . is used in a sense very diverse from its original import. --J. Edwards. Our roads are diverse: farewell, love! said she. --R. Browning.
- Capable of various forms; multiform. Eloquence is a great and diverse thing. --B. Jonson.
- Diverse \Di*verse"\, adv.
In different directions; diversely.
- Diverse \Di*verse"\, v. i.
To turn aside. [Obs.]
The redcross knight diverst, but forth rode Britomart.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Diverse'
Diverse (born Kenny Jenkins in Chicago, Illinois) is an American rapper. An underground hip-hop artist, he has received critical acclaim "from knowledgeable heads worldwide".
Diverse got his start in the Chicago hip-hop scene while being employed at a post office. with remixes by Definitive Jux's RJD2 and K-Kruz, and included on the 2002 Urban Renewal Program compilation.
Both Prefuse 73 and RJD2 contributed tracks to Diverse's 2003 debut full-length, One A.M. Prefuse 73's contributions were the ambient-flavored beats for "Jus Biz," "Leaving," and the interlude "Amberglis." RJD2's work on the album is some of the most directly rock- and funk-influenced work of his career. Other producers who contributed to the project were K-Kruz, Overflo, and Madlib. Guest appearances were made by Cannibal Ox's Vast Aire, the fierce Jean Grae, and Quannum Projects' Lyrics Born.[See more about Diverse at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Diverse'
'Diverse' in famous quotation sentence
* But O the truth, the truth. The many eyes That look on it The diverse things they see. - George Meredith
Click here for more related quotations on 'Diverse'
Diverse Sample Sentences in News
- Holland America Line To Feature Diverse Caribbean Cruises For Tropical Getaways In 2013-14
SEATTLE, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Itineraries up to 25 days, diverse ports of call and a rare mid-size ship experience highlight Holland America Line's 2013-14 Caribbean season that features eight ... Read more on this news related to 'Diverse'
- Diverse agriculture showcased on Farm City tour
Every year the Coffee County Farm City Committee’s Ag Tour gives residents a chance to experience the county’s agriculture industry firsthand. Read more on this news related to 'Diverse'
- Harnessing diverse climate and weather conditions
To make a building sustainable, taking into account its climatic conditions is key. No better examples than the three showcase buildings under the EU funded DIRECTION project. They are based in Munich, Germany and Valladolid, Spain, and a third is in planning in Bolzano, Italy. Each has to deal with very different climate conditions and yet meet the challenge of b Read more on this news related to 'Diverse'