Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Diverse'
- many and different; "tourist offices of divers nationalities"; "a person of diverse talents" [syn: divers(a)]
- distinctly dissimilar or unlike; "diverse parts of the country"; "celebrities as diverse as Bob Hope and Bob Dylan"; "animals as various as the jaguar and the cavy and the sloth" [syn: various]
- Diverse \Di"verse\ (?; 277), a. [The same word as divers. See
- Different; unlike; dissimilar; distinct; separate. The word . . . is used in a sense very diverse from its original import. --J. Edwards. Our roads are diverse: farewell, love! said she. --R. Browning.
- Capable of various forms; multiform. Eloquence is a great and diverse thing. --B. Jonson.
- Diverse \Di*verse"\, adv.
In different directions; diversely.
- Diverse \Di*verse"\, v. i.
To turn aside. [Obs.]
The redcross knight diverst, but forth rode Britomart.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Diverse'
Diverse (born Kenny Jenkins in Chicago, Illinois) is an American rapper. An underground hip-hop artist, he has received critical acclaim "from knowledgeable heads worldwide".
Diverse got his start in the Chicago hip-hop scene while being employed at a post office. with remixes by Definitive Jux's RJD2 and K-Kruz, and included on the 2002 Urban Renewal Program compilation.
Both Prefuse 73 and RJD2 contributed tracks to Diverse's 2003 debut full-length, One A.M. Prefuse 73's contributions were the ambient-flavored beats for "Jus Biz," "Leaving," and the interlude "Amberglis." RJD2's work on the album is some of the most directly rock- and funk-influenced work of his career. Other producers who contributed to the project were K-Kruz, Overflo, and Madlib. Guest appearances were made by Cannibal Ox's Vast Aire, the fierce Jean Grae, and Quannum Projects' Lyrics Born.[See more about Diverse at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Diverse'
'Diverse' in famous quotation sentence
* But O the truth, the truth. The many eyes That look on it The diverse things they see. - George Meredith
Click here for more related quotations on 'Diverse'