Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Disunion'
Disunion Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the termination or destruction of union [ant: union]
- Disunion \Dis*un"ion\, n. [Pref. dis- + union: cf. F.
- The termination of union; separation; disjunction; as, the disunion of the body and the soul.
- A breach of concord and its effect; alienation. Such a disunion between the two houses as might much clou? the happiness of this kingdom. --Clarendon.
- The termination or disruption of the union of the States forming the United States. I have not accustomed myself to hang over the precipice of disunion. --D. Webster.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Disunion'
Words and phrases related to 'Disunion'
Disunion Sample Sentences in News
- State of disunion: Western Maryland wants to break free
March 9, 2014, 2:01 p.m. Outside a gun show at a rural fairground, the leader of the Western Maryland secessionist movement sips black coffee from a waxed cardboard cup, toys with an e-cigarette, and explains why he is trying to cleave his state in two. Read more on this news related to 'Disunion'
- United States of Disunion
Most of us wouldn’t think to pop the champagne if we heard that the U.S. divorce rate was rising. Economists see these things differently, though. To them, it shows that people who were trapped in marriages for financial reasons are now in good enough financial shape to move on. Read more on this news related to 'Disunion'
- Civil War: How an Oswego surgeon was accused in daring plot to kill Jefferson Davis
So begins the most recent installment of The New York Times opinion series "Disunion," which explores and revisits the Civil War. Read more on this news related to 'Disunion'