Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Discriminating'
- showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur" [ant: undiscriminating]
- marked by the ability to see or make fine distinctions; "discriminate judgments"; "discriminate people" [syn: discriminate] [ant: indiscriminate]
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations" [syn: acute, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp]
- Discriminate \Dis*crim"i*nate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Discriminated; p. pr. & vb. n. Discriminating.]
To set apart as being different; to mark as different; to
separate from another by discerning differences; to
To discriminate the goats from the sheep. --Barrow.
- Discriminating \Dis*crim"i*na`ting\, a.
Marking a difference; distinguishing. --
And finds with keen discriminating sight, Black's not
so black; -- nor white so very white. --Canning.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Discriminating'
Ableism · Ageism · Caste Classism · Colorism · Genism Heightism · Linguicism · Lookism Mentalism · Racism · Rankism Religious · Sexism · Sexualism Sizeism · Speciesism · Weightism Xenophobia
Adultism · Anti-Albinism Anti-homelessness Anti-intellectualism Anti-Masonry · Antisemitism Audism · Biphobia · Childism Cronyism · Elitism (academic) Ephebiphobia · Gerontophobia Heteronormativity · Heterophobia Heterosexism · Homophobia Leprosy stigma · Lesbophobia Misandry · Misanthropy Misogyny · Nepotism · Pediaphobia Reverse discrimination · Transphobia Triumphalism
Albanian · American · Arab Armenian · Brahmin · British · Canadian Catalan · Chilean · Chinese English · Estonia · European · French Gentiles · German · Haitian · Hispanic Igbo · Indian · Iranian · Irish · Israel Italian · Japanese · Jewish · Korean Malay · Manchu · Mexican Polish · Portuguese · Quebec · Roma Romanian · Russian · Scottish Serbian · Slavs · Soviets Turkish · Ukrainian[See more about Discriminating at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Discriminating'
'Discriminating' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Discriminating'
Discriminating Sample Sentences in News
- Volokh Conspiracy: New Jersey accused of discriminating against pro-atheism personalized license plates
BAPTIST apparently allowed, 8THEIST not. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'
- Adelaide City Council defends new bike lanes and outlines plan to double cyclists in the CBD
The Adelaide City Council has been accused of discriminating against drivers as a dedicated bike lane is installed in the city's CBD. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'
- Lawmaker pulls gay rights anti-discrimination bill
An effort to prohibit employers from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity has been shelved for the legislative session. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'