Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Discriminating'
- showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur" [ant: undiscriminating]
- marked by the ability to see or make fine distinctions; "discriminate judgments"; "discriminate people" [syn: discriminate] [ant: indiscriminate]
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations" [syn: acute, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp]
- Discriminate \Dis*crim"i*nate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Discriminated; p. pr. & vb. n. Discriminating.]
To set apart as being different; to mark as different; to
separate from another by discerning differences; to
To discriminate the goats from the sheep. --Barrow.
- Discriminating \Dis*crim"i*na`ting\, a.
Marking a difference; distinguishing. --
And finds with keen discriminating sight, Black's not
so black; -- nor white so very white. --Canning.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Discriminating'
Ableism · Ageism · Caste Classism · Colorism · Genism Heightism · Linguicism · Lookism Mentalism · Racism · Rankism Religious · Sexism · Sexualism Sizeism · Speciesism · Weightism Xenophobia
Adultism · Anti-Albinism Anti-homelessness Anti-intellectualism Anti-Masonry · Antisemitism Audism · Biphobia · Childism Cronyism · Elitism (academic) Ephebiphobia · Gerontophobia Heteronormativity · Heterophobia Heterosexism · Homophobia Leprosy stigma · Lesbophobia Misandry · Misanthropy Misogyny · Nepotism · Pediaphobia Reverse discrimination · Transphobia Triumphalism
Albanian · American · Arab Armenian · Brahmin · British · Canadian Catalan · Chilean · Chinese English · Estonia · European · French Gentiles · German · Haitian · Hispanic Igbo · Indian · Iranian · Irish · Israel Italian · Japanese · Jewish · Korean Malay · Manchu · Mexican Polish · Portuguese · Quebec · Roma Romanian · Russian · Scottish Serbian · Slavs · Soviets Turkish · Ukrainian[See more about Discriminating at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Discriminating'
'Discriminating' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Discriminating'
Discriminating Sample Sentences in News
- Stop discriminating against GIMPA - Prof. Manu
The Rector of the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Professor Franklyn Acheampong Manu, has appealed to the government to stop discriminating against the institution when providing support to public tertiary institutions. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'
- Mom Says COTA Driver Discriminating Against Son Because Of His Height
A Clintonville mother says her son is being discriminated against, simply because he's too tall and mistakenly thought to be too old. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'
- Jack Storms Moves His Cold Glass Studio To Los Angeles County
VALENCIA, Calif., Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Glass sculpture artist extraordinaire Jack Storms has achieved serious recognition in both the public arena and the demanding world of fine art, since he opened his own studio in 2004. Storms works in an incredibly rare medium. A true pioneer in the cold-glass world, Storms' award-winning work is sought by d Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'