Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Discriminating'
- showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur" [ant: undiscriminating]
- marked by the ability to see or make fine distinctions; "discriminate judgments"; "discriminate people" [syn: discriminate] [ant: indiscriminate]
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations" [syn: acute, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp]
- Discriminate \Dis*crim"i*nate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Discriminated; p. pr. & vb. n. Discriminating.]
To set apart as being different; to mark as different; to
separate from another by discerning differences; to
To discriminate the goats from the sheep. --Barrow.
- Discriminating \Dis*crim"i*na`ting\, a.
Marking a difference; distinguishing. --
And finds with keen discriminating sight, Black's not
so black; -- nor white so very white. --Canning.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Discriminating'
Ableism · Ageism · Caste Classism · Colorism · Genism Heightism · Linguicism · Lookism Mentalism · Racism · Rankism Religious · Sexism · Sexualism Sizeism · Speciesism · Weightism Xenophobia
Adultism · Anti-Albinism Anti-homelessness Anti-intellectualism Anti-Masonry · Antisemitism Audism · Biphobia · Childism Cronyism · Elitism (academic) Ephebiphobia · Gerontophobia Heteronormativity · Heterophobia Heterosexism · Homophobia Leprosy stigma · Lesbophobia Misandry · Misanthropy Misogyny · Nepotism · Pediaphobia Reverse discrimination · Transphobia Triumphalism
Albanian · American · Arab Armenian · Brahmin · British · Canadian Catalan · Chilean · Chinese English · Estonia · European · French Gentiles · German · Haitian · Hispanic Igbo · Indian · Iranian · Irish · Israel Italian · Japanese · Jewish · Korean Malay · Manchu · Mexican Polish · Portuguese · Quebec · Roma Romanian · Russian · Scottish Serbian · Slavs · Soviets Turkish · Ukrainian[See more about Discriminating at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Discriminating'
'Discriminating' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Discriminating'
Discriminating Sample Sentences in News
- Employers 'routinely discriminating against stammerers'
( SAGE Publications ) Employers are routinely discriminating against people who stammer, rejecting them because of concerns about possible negative reactions from customers or team members, new research suggests. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'
- Facing lawsuit, Butler schools agree to stop discriminating against immigrant parents
Before a court appearance this morning, the Morris County district agreed to stop requiring government-issued identification from parents wanting to enroll children in school. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'
- Study reveals employers 'routinely discriminating against stammerers'
Washington, March 11 (ANI): A new study has revealed that employers routinely discriminate against people who stammer due to concerns about possible negative reactions from customers or team members. Read more on this news related to 'Discriminating'