Dint Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- interchangeable with `means'' in the expression `by dint of''
Definitions from Wiktionary
- interchangeable with `means' in the expression `by means of'
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dint'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dint'
- Dint Island: Dint Island is a rocky island, 1.5 nautical miles (3 km) long. Probably first seen from the air by the United States Antarctic Service, 1939–41, it was
- Dinting railway station: Dinting railway station serves the village of Dinting near Glossop in Derbyshire, England. The station is on the Manchester-Glossop Line 12¼ miles (20 km)
- Dinting Viaduct: Dinting Viaduct is a 19th-century railway viaduct in Glossopdale in Derbyshire, England, and carries the Glossop Line over a valley at the village of
- Dintal-e Habibabad: Dintal-e Habibabad (Persian: دينتل حبيب اباد, also Romanized as Dīntal-e Ḩabībābād; also known as Dīntal) is a village in Sarrud-e Shomali Rural District
- Dinting: Dinting is also a mining practice of removing parts of the floor that lift due to floor heave. Dinting is a district of Glossop in Derbyshire, England
- Kurt Dinter: Moritz Kurt Dinter (10 June 1868 Bautzen - 16 December 1945 Neukirch/Lausitz), was a German botanist and explorer in South West Africa. He attended the
- Dinter: Dinter is a German surname meaning "manufacturer of ink". Notable people with the surname include: Artur Dinter (1876–1948), German writer and Nazi politician
- Higher Dinting: Higher Dinting is a village in Glossopdale, Derbyshire, England, UK, near Glossop, Dinting, and Dinting Vale. Higher Dinting was the site of the Dinting Railway
Words and phrases related to 'Dint'
Dint Sample Sentences in News
- Will Global Challenges In 2015 Dint Alcoa’s Aluminum Biz?
The fact that major economies including Russia and Japan are slowing down is among the global challenges facing the aluminum industry. Read more on this news related to 'Dint'
- By dint of donations and hard work, community arts center opens Friday
On a back street in Napa, amid the sounds of hammers and saws, workers are putting the final touches on space that could well represent a new era for the arts in Napa. Read more on this news related to 'Dint'
- Tailgater fix
Your reader Paul Milner rightly cites tailgating as a serious menace (“Mind the gap”, Points, last week). My answer is very ostentatiously to adjust my mirror and then by dint of exaggerated head movements show that the miscreant is under observation. Read more on this news related to 'Dint'