Dint Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- interchangeable with `means'' in the expression `by dint of''
Definitions from Wiktionary
- interchangeable with `means' in the expression `by means of'
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dint'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dint'
- Dint Island: Dint Island is a rocky island, 1.5 nautical miles (3 km) long. Probably first seen from the air by the United States Antarctic Service, 1939–41, it was
- Dinting railway station: Dinting railway station serves the village of Dinting near Glossop in Derbyshire, England. The station is on the Manchester-Glossop Line 12¼ miles (20 km)
- Dintal-e Habibabad: Dintal-e Habibabad (Persian: دينتل حبيب اباد, also Romanized as Dīntal-e Ḩabībābād; also known as Dīntal) is a village in Sarrud-e Shomali Rural District
- Dinting Viaduct: Dinting Viaduct is a 19th-century railway viaduct in Glossopdale in Derbyshire, England, and carries the Glossop Line over a valley at the village of
- Dinting: Dinting is also a mining practice of removing parts of the floor that lift due to floor heave. Dinting is a district of Glossop in Derbyshire, England
- Kurt Dinter: Moritz Kurt Dinter (10 June 1868 in Bautzen – 16 December 1945 in Neukirch/Lausitz), was a German botanist and explorer in South West Africa. He attended
- Dinter: Dinter is a German surname meaning "manufacturer of ink". Notable people with the surname include: Artur Dinter (1876–1948), German writer and Nazi politician
- Higher Dinting: Higher Dinting is a village in Glossopdale, Derbyshire, England, UK, near Glossop, Dinting, and Dinting Vale. Higher Dinting was the site of the Dinting Railway
Words and phrases related to 'Dint'
Dint Sample Sentences in News
- Will plunging oil force energy dividend cuts?
Energy investors may have a new concern. Even as crude oil has plunged to a six-year low, oil stocks have maintained their appeal to some investors by dint of their rich dividend yields. Read more on this news related to 'Dint'
- North Korea: Fairyland or ‘country of mushrooms?’
SEOUL — “Let us build a fairyland for the people by dint of science!” That’s one of several new rallying cries for North Korea’s people as the isolated regime prepares to mark the 70th anniversary of its founding this year with hundreds of new slogans aimed at encouraging patriotism. Published by the state-controlled KCNA news […] Read more on this news related to 'Dint'
- Modi praises contribution of Indian indentured labourers
Port Louis, March 12 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday praised the contribution of the Indian indentured labourers for taking Mauritius to new heights of development and progress by dint of their hard work. Speaking -- to loud cheers and chants of "Modi, Modi" -- at a civic reception at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute here, the prime minister Read more on this news related to 'Dint'