Dint Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- interchangeable with `means'' in the expression `by dint of''
Definitions from Wiktionary
- interchangeable with `means' in the expression `by means of'
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Dint'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dint'
- Dint Island: Dint Island is a rocky island, 1.5 nautical miles (3 km) long. Probably first seen from the air by the United States Antarctic Service, 1939–41, it was
- Dinting railway station: Dinting railway station serves the village of Dinting near Glossop in Derbyshire, England. The station is on the Manchester-Glossop Line 12¼ miles (20 km)
- Dinting Viaduct: Dinting Viaduct is a 19th-century railway viaduct in Glossopdale in Derbyshire, England, and carries the Glossop Line over a valley at the village of
- Dintal-e Habibabad: Dintal-e Habibabad (Persian: دينتل حبيب اباد, also Romanized as Dīntal-e Ḩabībābād; also known as Dīntal) is a village in Sarrud-e Shomali Rural District
- Dinting: Dinting is also a mining practice of removing parts of the floor that lift due to floor heave. Dinting is a district of Glossop in Derbyshire, England
- Kurt Dinter: Moritz Kurt Dinter (10 June 1868 in Bautzen – 16 December 1945 in Neukirch/Lausitz), was a German botanist and explorer in South West Africa. He attended
- Dinter: Dinter is a German surname meaning "manufacturer of ink". Notable people with the surname include: Artur Dinter (1876–1948), German writer and Nazi politician
- Higher Dinting: Higher Dinting is a village in Glossopdale, Derbyshire, England, UK, near Glossop, Dinting, and Dinting Vale. Higher Dinting was the site of the Dinting Railway
Words and phrases related to 'Dint'
Dint Sample Sentences in News
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Hastening Victory of General Offensive by Dint of Science and Technology
Pyongyang, February 24 (KCNA) -- Rodong Sinmun Tuesday in an editorial calls upon the whole party and country and all the people to turn out to hasten the victory of the general offensive by dint of science and technology. Read more on this news related to 'Dint'
- North Korea: Fairyland or 'country of mushrooms'?
"Let us build a fairyland for the people by dint of science!" Read more on this news related to 'Dint'
- 70th anniversary slogans aim to encourage patriotism
"Let us build a fairyland for the people by dint of science!" That's one of several new rallying cries for North Korea's people as the isolated regime prepares to mark the 70th anniversary of its founding this year with hundreds of new slogans aimed at encouraging patriotism. Read more on this news related to 'Dint'