Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Diagram'
n : a drawing intended to explain how something works; a drawing
showing the relation between the parts
v : make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows how
things work or how they are constructed [syn: plot]
[also: diagramming, diagrammed]
- Diagram \Di"a*gram\, n. [Gr. ?, fr. ? to mark out by lines; dia`
through + ? to draw, write: cf. F. diagramme. See Graphic.]
- (Geom.) A figure or drawing made to illustrate a statement, or facilitate a demonstration; a plan.
- Any simple drawing made for mathematical or scientific purposes, or to assist a verbal explanation which refers to it; a mechanical drawing, as distinguished from an artistical one. Indicator diagram. (Steam Engine) See Indicator card, under indicator
- Diagram \Di"a*gram\, v. t.
To put into the form of a diagram.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Diagram'
A diagram is a two-dimensional geometric symbolic representation of information according to some visualization technique. Sometimes, the technique uses a three-dimensional visualization which is then projected onto the two-dimensional surface. The word graph is sometimes used as a synonym for diagram.
A diagram is a 2D geometric symbolic representation of information according to some visualization technique. Sometimes, the technique uses a 3D visualization which is then projected onto the 2D surface. The term diagram in common sense can have two meanings.
In science the term is used in both ways. For example Anderson (1997) stated more generally: "diagrams are pictorial, yet abstract, representations of information, and maps, line graphs, bar charts, engineering blueprints, and architects' sketches are all examples of diagrams, whereas photographs and video are not".[See more about Diagram at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Diagram'
Diagram Sample Sentences in News
- The Art and Science of the Diagram: Communicating the Knowledge of the Heavens, the Earth and the Arcane, Final Part
The Art and Science of the Diagram: Communicating the Knowledge of the Heavens, the Earth and the Arcane, Final Part Read more on this news related to 'Diagram'
- Gliffy goes HTML5, adds Visio support
Gliffy, the web-based diagram creation and editing utility, has been rewritten in HTML5, allowing its developer to add a slew of new features, including support for Microsoft Visio as well as Google Drive cloud storage. Chris Kohlhardt, chief executive of Gliffy, said the shift from Flash to HTML5 was "highly risky," but something that the developers have seen as Read more on this news related to 'Diagram'
- CS Odessa Announces New Workflow Diagram Solution for ConceptDraw PRO v.9 to Better Describe Data, Documents, and ...
New additions to ConceptDraw PRO and ConceptDraw Solution Park extend workflow charting capability. (PRWeb May 31, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10781232.htm Read more on this news related to 'Diagram'