Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Deterioration'
- a symptom of reduced quality or strength [syn: impairment]
- process of changing to an inferior state [syn: decline in quality, declension, worsening]
- Deterioration \De*te`ri*o*ra"tion\, n. [LL. deterioratio: cf. F.
The process of growing worse, or the state of having grown
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Deterioration'
Deterioration is a term now commonly used in health care, to describe worsening of a patient's condition. It is often used as a shortened form of 'deterioration not recognised or not acted upon'. Much work to reduce harm from deterioration has been undertaken by the National Patient Safety Agency.
Deterioration, from Latin deteriorare "to make worse", from deterior "lower, worse", may refer to:[See more about Deterioration at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Deterioration'
Deterioration Sample Sentences in News
- FDOT Posts Weight Restriction on Bridge; Cites Deterioration
FDOT inspectors found a few components of the bridge had significant deterioration, which affects the bridge’s load-carrying capability. Read more on this news related to 'Deterioration'
- Eastern fishing piers at Sunshine Skyway to close
The eastern portions of the Sunshine Skyway fishing piers will close due to deterioration that makes them difficult to maintain. Read more on this news related to 'Deterioration'
- Bridge closed because of rapid deterioration
Problems with a bridge in Starke County will have many drivers changing their routes over the next few months. Read more on this news related to 'Deterioration'