Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Denigration'
Denigration Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a belittling comment [syn: belittling]
- an abusive attack on a person's character or good name [syn: aspersion, calumny, slander, defamation]
- the act of expressing disapproval (especially of yourself) [syn: deprecation]
- Denigration \Den`i*gra"tion\, n. [L. denigratio.]
- The act of making black. --Boyle.
- Fig.: A blackening; defamation. The vigorous denigration of science. --Morley.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Denigration'
Words and phrases related to 'Denigration'
Denigration Sample Sentences in News
- The Legacy of Elizabeth Pringle by Kirsty Wark; review
Kirsty Wark, the BBC presenter, is formidable and famous. This is her first novel, a bold entry into a highly competitive market. Publishers know a big name means big sales. Fame though, can stir envy, provoke unfair denigration or breed smarmy obsequiousness. Luminaries must be aware and chary of such biases. This is my dispassionate opinion: the book is fresh an Read more on this news related to 'Denigration'
- Texas Justice and Juries are Not for Sale
Tragically, in recent years, Texans have witnessed the denigration of juries and the erosion of the judiciary by the very body entrusted to protect both—the Texas Supreme Court. During the decade spanning 2000-2010, the members of your Texas Supreme Court found that Texas juries—made up of every day, hardworking Texans—were wrong an astonishingly 74 percent Read more on this news related to 'Denigration'