Deaden Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- convert (metallic mercury) into a grey powder consisting of minute globules, as by shaking with chalk or fatty oil
- make less lively, intense, or vigorous; impair in vigor, force, activity, or sensation; "Terror blunted her feelings"; "deaden a sound"
- become lifeless, less lively, intense, or active; lose life, force, or vigor
- make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
- lessen the momentum or velocity of; "deaden a ship''s headway"
- make vapid or deprive of spirit; "deadened wine"
- cut a girdle around so as to kill by interrupting the circulation of water and nutrients; "girdle the plant"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Deaden'?
Words and phrases related to 'Deaden'
Deaden Sample Sentences in News
- Reading ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Can Turn You Into A Raging Alcoholic With Nymphomaniac Tendencies, Study Claims
Women of the world beware! Reading Fifty Shades of Grey won’t just deaden your senses, paralyze your soul, and leave you with a lifelong phobia of books — it could also turn you into a binge drinking wreck with an insatiable sexual appetite. That is, according to a controversial study which claims that Fifty Shades Reading ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Can Turn Y Read more on this news related to 'Deaden'