Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dazzle'
Dazzle Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : brightness enough to blind partially and temporarily
- to cause someone to lose clear vision, especially from intense light; "She was dazzled by the bright headlights" [syn: bedazzle, daze]
- amaze or bewilder, as with brilliant wit or intellect or skill; "Her arguments dazzled everyone"; "The dancer dazzled the audience with his turns and jumps"
- Dazzle \Daz"zle\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dazzled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Dazzling.] [Freq. of daze.]
- To overpower with light; to confuse the sight of by brilliance of light. Those heavenly shapes Will dazzle now the earthly, with their blaze Insufferably bright. --Milton. An unreflected light did never yet Dazzle the vision feminine. --Sir H. Taylor.
- To bewilder or surprise with brilliancy or display of any kind. ``Dazzled and drove back his enemies.'' --Shak.
- Dazzle \Daz"zle\, v. i.
- To be overpoweringly or intensely bright; to excite admiration by brilliancy. Ah, friend! to dazzle, let the vain design. --Pope.
- To be overpowered by light; to be confused by excess of brightness. An overlight maketh the eyes dazzle. --Bacon. I dare not trust these eyes; They dance in mists, and dazzle with surprise. --Dryden.
- Dazzle \Daz"zle\, n.
A light of dazzling brilliancy.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dazzle'
- Dazzle: Dazzle may refer to: Glare (vision), difficulty seeing in the presence of bright light. Dazzle (fabric), a type of polyester fabric ...
- Dazzle camouflage: Dazzle camouflage, also known as Razzle Dazzle or Dazzle painting, was a camouflage paint scheme used on ship s, extensively during World ...
- Dazzle (song): "Dazzle" is the second single from the 1984 Siouxsie and the Banshees album Hyæna . The song begins with a gradual fade-in of an ...
- Dazzle (manga): com/product/1498/Dazzle/1.html Tokyopop's page for the manga manga | 5790 | Dazzle Category:Action anime and manga Category:Anime of 2008 ...
- Dazzle (video recorder): Dazzle is a video recorder/editor that allows people to record video from any device (VCR , GameCube , Wii , PS2 , etc.). It has four ...
- Roanoke Dazzle: The Roanoke Dazzle were an NBA Development League team based in Roanoke , Virginia , U.S.A.. the Dazzle marked the return of professional ...
- Slow Dazzle: Slow Dazzle may refer to: Slow Dazzle , a 1975 album by John Cale Slow Dazzle , the performing alias of musical duo Shannon McArdle and ...
- Razzle Dazzle: Razzle Dazzle (sometimes spelled Rzl Dzl) was the title of a Canadian children's program produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ...
- Dazzle Ships (album): Dazzle Ships is the fourth album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD), released in 1983. Edward Wadsworth based on dazzle camouflage . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Dazzle'