Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Dabble'
- dip a foot or hand briefly into a liquid
- play in or as if in water, as of small children [syn: paddle, splash around]
- work with in a non-serious manner; "She dabbles in astronomy"; "He plays around with investments bu he never makes any money" [syn: smatter, play around]
- Dabble \Dab"ble\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dabbled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Dabbling.] [Freq. of dab: cf. OD. dabbelen.]
To wet by little dips or strokes; to spatter; to sprinkle; to
moisten; to wet. ``Bright hair dabbled in blood.'' --Shak.
- Dabble \Dab"ble\, v. i.
- To play in water, as with the hands; to paddle or splash in mud or water. Where the duck dabbles 'mid the rustling sedge. --Wordsworth.
- To work in slight or superficial manner; to do in a small way; to tamper; to meddle. ``Dabbling here and there with the text.'' --Atterbury. During the ferst year at Dumfries, Burns for the ferst time began to dabble in politics. --J. C. Shairp.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Dabble'
Dabble Video Search is a video search service located at www.dabble.com. Dabble uses human powered search.
Dabble takes human-made gestures and structured metadata to search and discover video. It searches the data around the video as well as gives relevance to videos with human preference activity inside Dabble and outside in other communities and blogs. Dabble also has a social community for grouping videos and for user-made programming. Dabble focuses on the additional problem of video discovery through this community, by offering users easy ways to browse videos based upon human activity and preferences. Dabble searches over 600 sources of videos (sometimes known as content hosters of video) and has 150+ partnerships.
Founded in the late Summer of 2005 by (in alphabetical order) Mary Hodder, Steve Michel, Rob Pascual, Tim Perkis, Lisa Rein, Ana Vasconcellos, and Paul Wicks. In June 2006, Lyn Stumfall was made an honorary "founder," due to her significant contribution to the codebase right before the site's first roll out in July 2006.[See more about Dabble at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Dabble'
Dabble Sample Sentences in News
- SolarSocket offers an easy DIY way to dabble in off-the-grid electricity
Solar Socket, a project that's currently raising funds for production on Kickstarter, is a simple, low-cost way to bring off-grid energy into your house. The post SolarSocket offers an easy DIY way to dabble in off-the-grid electricity appeared first on Digital Trends . Read more on this news related to 'Dabble'
- Dabble in festive delights
Check out amazing recipes just for Ganesha Chaturthi Read more on this news related to 'Dabble'
- Oscar winners with TV ties head list of presenters for Emmy awards
Their willingness to dabble in TV is a sign of the medium's creative strength and increasing appeal to top-tier actors and others in Hollywood. Read more on this news related to 'Dabble'