Cooperate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- work together on a common enterprise of project; "The soprano and the pianist did not get together very well"; "We joined forces with another research group"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Cooperate'?
Cooperate Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Cooperation is when people work together to make their lives better, even though they are free to not work together, and receive little if any money for working together.
A cooperative is a type of organization that people use to make their lives better. The first cooperative was a store in Rochdale, England started in 1844. The people who started it wanted food that was cheaper and better quality. Since then, people have found many ways to cooperate. For example:
Co-operatives are democratic organizations owned by the people who use them. Cooperative organizations help people adapt to capitalism. The International Cooperative Alliance was started in 1885. It reports that there are 800 million cooperative members in the world.
Words and phrases related to 'Cooperate'
'Cooperate' example sentence in quotations
* To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system thereby the oppressed become the oppressor. - Unknown
Click here for more related quotations on 'Cooperate'
Cooperate Sample Sentences in News
- Egypt, China cooperate in space technology industry
Egypt, China cooperate in space technology industry Read more on this news related to 'Cooperate'
- Russia says it will cooperate with doping inquiry
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko says the country will cooperate with a World Anti-Doping Agency inquiry into allegations of systematic drug use among the nation's athletes. Read more on this news related to 'Cooperate'
- Iran Agrees to Cooperate With Russia on Oil Market, Shana Says
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani agreed to cooperate with Russia to support oil markets in a phone conversation with that country’s leader Vladimir Putin, according to Shana, the Iran oil ministry’s news service. Read more on this news related to 'Cooperate'