Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Completed'
- successfully completed or brought to an end; "his mission accomplished he took a vacation"; "the completed project"; "the joy of a realized ambition overcame him" [syn: accomplished, realized, realised]
- (of a marriage) completed by the first act of sexual intercourse after the ceremony
- caught; "a completed forward pass"
- Complete \Com*plete"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Completed; p. pr. &
vb. n. Completing.]
To bring to a state in which there is no deficiency; to
perfect; to consummate; to accomplish; to fulfill; to finish;
as, to complete a task, or a poem; to complete a course of
Bred only and completed to the taste Of lustful
And, to complete her bliss, a fool for mate. --Pope.
Syn: To perform; execute; terminate; conclude; finish; end;
fill up; achieve; realize; effect; consummate;
accomplish; effectuate; fulfill; bring to pass.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Completed'
In general, an object is complete if nothing needs to be added to it. This notion is made more specific in various fields.
In logic, semantic completeness is the converse of soundness for formal systems. A formal system is "semantically complete" when all tautologies are theorems whereas a formal system is "sound" when all theorems are tautologies. Kurt Gödel, Leon Henkin, and Emil Post all published proofs of completeness. (See History of the Church–Turing thesis.) A system is consistent if a proof never exists for both P and not P.
In mathematics, "complete" is a term that takes on specific meanings in specific situations, and not every situation in which a type of "completion" occurs is called a "completion". See, for example, algebraically closed field or compactification.[See more about Completed at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Completed'
'Completed' in famous quotation sentence
* I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is opposed to every instinct in my body. But as president I must put the interests of America first ... Therefore, I shall resign the presidency effective at noon tomorrow. - Richard Milhous Nixon
* When you have completed 95 of your journey you are halfway there. - Japanese Proverb
Click here for more related quotations on 'Completed'
Completed Sample Sentences in News
- Autopsies completed on 7 babies found in Utah garage
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah (AP) — The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office has completed autopsies of seven infants found in cardboard boxes in a woman's garage, but it is unclear when the results will be released. Read more on this news related to 'Completed'
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies found in garage; police, prosecutors to review results
The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office has completed autopsies of seven infants found in cardboard boxes in a woman's garage, but it is unclear when the results will be released. Read more on this news related to 'Completed'
- Autopsies Done on 7 Utah Babies Found in Garage
Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies found in garage; police, prosecutors to review results Read more on this news related to 'Completed'