Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Completed'
- successfully completed or brought to an end; "his mission accomplished he took a vacation"; "the completed project"; "the joy of a realized ambition overcame him" [syn: accomplished, realized, realised]
- (of a marriage) completed by the first act of sexual intercourse after the ceremony
- caught; "a completed forward pass"
- Complete \Com*plete"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Completed; p. pr. &
vb. n. Completing.]
To bring to a state in which there is no deficiency; to
perfect; to consummate; to accomplish; to fulfill; to finish;
as, to complete a task, or a poem; to complete a course of
Bred only and completed to the taste Of lustful
And, to complete her bliss, a fool for mate. --Pope.
Syn: To perform; execute; terminate; conclude; finish; end;
fill up; achieve; realize; effect; consummate;
accomplish; effectuate; fulfill; bring to pass.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Completed'
In general, an object is complete if nothing needs to be added to it. This notion is made more specific in various fields.
In logic, semantic completeness is the converse of soundness for formal systems. A formal system is "semantically complete" when all tautologies are theorems whereas a formal system is "sound" when all theorems are tautologies. Kurt Gödel, Leon Henkin, and Emil Post all published proofs of completeness. (See History of the Church–Turing thesis.) A system is consistent if a proof never exists for both P and not P.
In mathematics, "complete" is a term that takes on specific meanings in specific situations, and not every situation in which a type of "completion" occurs is called a "completion". See, for example, algebraically closed field or compactification.[See more about Completed at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Completed'
'Completed' in famous quotation sentence
* I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is opposed to every instinct in my body. But as president I must put the interests of America first ... Therefore, I shall resign the presidency effective at noon tomorrow. - Richard Milhous Nixon
* When you have completed 95 of your journey you are halfway there. - Japanese Proverb
Click here for more related quotations on 'Completed'
Completed Sample Sentences in News
- Carmax Mining Corp.: Geophysical Survey Outlines a 5600m Long Chargeability Anomaly; 2014 Drilling Program Continues ...
Carmax Mining Corp. is very pleased to announce the results for the recently completed Quantec Titan-24 DCIP survey at its 100% owned Eaglehead copper-molybdenum-gold-silver project located in northwest ... Read more on this news related to 'Completed'
- More U.K. Home Purchases Flop as BOE Reins in Banks
Balconies are seen on completed residential apartments at the Wembley Park retail and residential complex in the Wembley district of London. Measures taken by the BOE include limits on mortgages worth more than 4.5 times a borrower’s annual income starting next month. Read more on this news related to 'Completed'
- OROE Completed Shipment Of 15 Tons Of Gold Concentrates To Royal Asset Management, An Abu Dhabi Based Asset Management ...
OAKLAND, Calif., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OROE (OROE) has completed shipment of 15 tons of gold concentrates to Royal Asset Management ("RAM"), an Abu Dhabi based asset management company held by His Highness Shaikh Saqer Al Nahyan and royal family on July 12, 2014. RAM remains one of OROE's top buyers. The RAM shipment marks an important nasc Read more on this news related to 'Completed'