Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Befuddle'
Befuddle Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly; "These questions confuse even the experts"; "This question completely threw me"; "This question befuddled even the teacher" [syn: confuse, throw, fox, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate]
- make stupid with alcohol [syn: fuddle]
- Befuddle \Be*fud"dle\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Befuddled]
To becloud and confuse, as with liquor.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Befuddle'
Words and phrases related to 'Befuddle'
Befuddle Sample Sentences in News
- Yankees starters befuddle punchless Cubs in sweep
Masahiro Tanaka, Michael Pineda and relief corps allow only 8 hits over 18 innings to blank Cubs 3-0 and 2-0 NEW YORK — Jason Hammel summed up the helplessness he and many of his Cubs teammates felt Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Befuddle'
- Sharpening microscope images: New technique takes cues from astronomy, ophthalmology
The complexity of biology can befuddle even the most sophisticated light microscopes. Biological samples bend light in unpredictable ways, returning difficult-to-interpret information to the microscope and distorting the resulting image. New imaging technology rapidly corrects for these distortions and sharpens high-resolution images over large volumes of tissue. Read more on this news related to 'Befuddle'
- Algebra-cadabra! Here's a classic magic trick, and the mathematical secret behind it
In his new book on mathematical card magic, Irish writer Colm Mulcahy presents 52 ways to befuddle and amaze You only need a cursory familiarity with the work of magicians like Derren Brown and David Blaine to realize that often at the heart of many illusions lies a piece of rock-solid mathematics. Sometimes tricks require fooling people with probability, as Brown Read more on this news related to 'Befuddle'