Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Batted'
Batted Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate [syn: chiropteran]
- (baseball) a turn batting; "he was at bat when it happened"; "he got 4 hits in 4 at-bats" [syn: at-bat]
- a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash [syn: squash racket, squash racquet]
- a bat used in playing cricket [syn: cricket bat]
- a club used for hitting a ball in various games v
- strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
- wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids" [syn: flutter]
- have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
- use a bat; "Who's batting?"
- beat thoroughly in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!" [syn: clobber, drub, thrash, lick] [also: batting, batted]
- Bat \Bat\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Batted (?); p. pr. & vb. n.
To strike or hit with a bat or a pole; to cudgel; to beat.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Batted'
- Run batted in: Runs batted in or RBI is a statistic used in baseball and softball to credit a batter when the outcome of his at-bat results in a run ...
- Batted ball: baseball , a batted ball is any ball that, after a pitch , is contacted by the batter's bat. are used to describe a batted ball, depending ...
- List of Major League Baseball runs batted in champions: In baseball , a run batted in (RBI) is awarded to a batter for each runner who scores as a result of the batter's action, including a ...