Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Batted'
Batted Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate [syn: chiropteran]
- (baseball) a turn batting; "he was at bat when it happened"; "he got 4 hits in 4 at-bats" [syn: at-bat]
- a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash [syn: squash racket, squash racquet]
- a bat used in playing cricket [syn: cricket bat]
- a club used for hitting a ball in various games v
- strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
- wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids" [syn: flutter]
- have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
- use a bat; "Who's batting?"
- beat thoroughly in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!" [syn: clobber, drub, thrash, lick] [also: batting, batted]
- Bat \Bat\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Batted (?); p. pr. & vb. n.
To strike or hit with a bat or a pole; to cudgel; to beat.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Batted'
- Run batted in: Runs batted in or RBI is a statistic used in baseball and softball to credit a batter when the outcome of his at-bat results in a run ...
- Batted ball: baseball , a batted ball is any ball that, after a pitch , is contacted by the batter's bat. are used to describe a batted ball, depending ...
- List of Major League Baseball runs batted in champions: In baseball , a run batted in (RBI) is awarded to a batter for each runner who scores as a result of the batter's action, including a ...
Words and phrases related to 'Batted'
Batted Sample Sentences in News
- Fun on the Farm: Stefen Romero is heating up
A look at how some of the notable Mariner prospects are performing for the team's minor league affiliates. In ten rehab starts with the Rainiers, Michael Saunders is batting .257 with 14 walks, 1 double and 2 runs batted in. Saunders was recalled from his rehab assignment on Saturday due to flu-like symptoms, and he will be eligible to return to Tacoma after Read more on this news related to 'Batted'
- PHOTO: Dodgers use extreme shift with five-man infield
Infield shifts are everywhere these days. Teams are using batted ball data to position their fielders in high-percentage locations to take hits away from the opposing team, and by and large they work. They work so well that more and more teams are using them with each passing season. Read more on this news related to 'Batted'
- Gear shortage holds back batted balls promotion
DESPITE efforts of reviving batted ball interest in this side of the country, local coaches find it hard to promote the once popular sport in the region due to the deficiency of sport materials. Read more on this news related to 'Batted'