Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Batted'
Batted Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate [syn: chiropteran]
- (baseball) a turn batting; "he was at bat when it happened"; "he got 4 hits in 4 at-bats" [syn: at-bat]
- a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash [syn: squash racket, squash racquet]
- a bat used in playing cricket [syn: cricket bat]
- a club used for hitting a ball in various games v
- strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
- wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids" [syn: flutter]
- have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
- use a bat; "Who's batting?"
- beat thoroughly in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!" [syn: clobber, drub, thrash, lick] [also: batting, batted]
- Bat \Bat\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Batted (?); p. pr. & vb. n.
To strike or hit with a bat or a pole; to cudgel; to beat.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Batted'
- Run batted in: Runs batted in or RBI is a statistic used in baseball and softball to credit a batter when the outcome of his at-bat results in a run ...
- Batted ball: baseball , a batted ball is any ball that, after a pitch , is contacted by the batter's bat. are used to describe a batted ball, depending ...
- List of Major League Baseball runs batted in champions: In baseball , a run batted in (RBI) is awarded to a batter for each runner who scores as a result of the batter's action, including a ...
Words and phrases related to 'Batted'
Batted Sample Sentences in News
- Manute Barwin, er, Connor Barwin, is a batted pass machine
In his first year with the Eagles, Connor Barwin has had a really good season. He is by far the most versatile of the Eagles' OLBs, and clearly the most comfortable playing the position. While he does not have elite numbers at any of the following things statistically, he does a very good job of dropping into coverage, playing the run, and rushing the passer. Read more on this news related to 'Batted'
- Ofo-ob’s Cup gets underway
IN HONOR of one of Baguio’s pioneer in the development of batted balls in the city, a batted balls tournament is set to open today, Friday, with more than 20 teams participating. Dubbed “Ofo-ob’s Cup,” the tournament is in honor of the late Dr. Read more on this news related to 'Batted'
- MJ's long arms helping Bengals stay in first
All Cleveland quarterback Jason Campbell had to do was lob the ball his way. Another quarterback had failed to escape the long arms of the Bengals' Michael Johnson. The 6-foot-7 defensive end has batted down five passes this season, according to STATS, but none of his swats has been more prominent than the ones last Sunday during a 41-20 victory over Cleveland Read more on this news related to 'Batted'