Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Barrow'
Barrow Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the quantity that a barrow will hold [syn: barrowful]
- (archeology) a heap of earth placed over prehistoric tombs [syn: burial mound, grave mound, tumulus]
- a cart for carrying small loads; has handles and one or more wheels [syn: garden cart, lawn cart, wheelbarrow]
- Barrow \Bar"row\, n. [OE. barow, fr. AS. beran to bear. See
Bear to support, and cf. Bier.]
- A support having handles, and with or without a wheel, on which heavy or bulky things can be transported by hand. See Handbarrow, and Wheelbarrow.
- (Salt Works) A wicker case, in which salt is put to drain.
- Barrow \Bar"row\, n. [OE. barow, bargh, AS. bearg, bearh; akin
to Icel. b["o]rgr, OHG. barh, barug, G. barch. ?95.]
A hog, esp. a male hog castrated. --Holland.
- Barrow \Bar"row\, n. [OE. bergh, AS. beorg, beorh, hill,
sepulchral mound; akin to G. berg mountain, Goth. bairgahei
hill, hilly country, and perh. to Skr. b?hant high, OIr.
brigh mountain. Cf. Berg, Berry a mound, and Borough an
- A large mound of earth or stones over the remains of the dead; a tumulus.
- (Mining) A heap of rubbish, attle, etc.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Barrow'
- Barrow: Barrow may refer to: a cart or flat rectangular tray with handles at each end. wheelbarrow a tumulus , a large mound of earth or stone ...
- Barrow-in-Furness: Barrow-in-Furness. (ˈ | b | ær | ɵ | _ | ɪ | n | _ | f | @ | ' | n | ɛ | s, ˈbærɵ ɪn ˈfɜrns | local commonly known as Barrow) is an ...
- Barrow A.F.C.: Barrow A.F.C. are an English football team founded in 1901 based in the town of Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria , England . Following ...
- Barrow Raiders: Barrow Raiders are an English professional rugby league team from Barrow-in-Furness , Cumbria , who are coached by Garry Schofield . ...
- Barrow, Alaska: Barrow (ˈbæroʊ) is the largest city of the North Slope Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska . with nearby Point Barrow being the nation's ...
- Barrow and Furness (UK Parliament constituency): Barrow and Furness (previously Barrow-in-Furness) is a parliamentary constituency in Cumbria, represented in the House of Commons of the ...
- Barrow-in-Furness railway station: Barrow-in-Furness railway station is a railway station that serves the town of Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria , England . It is located on ...
- River Barrow: The Barrow (An Bhearú) is a river in Ireland . It is one of The Three Sisters ; the other two being the River Suir and the River Nore . ...
- Barrow County, Georgia: Barrow County is a county located in the U.S. state of Georgia . As of 2000, the population was 46,144. The 2007 Census Estimate placed ...
Words and phrases related to 'Barrow'