Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Artless'
- characterized by an inability to mask your feelings; not devious; "an ingenuous admission of responsibility" [syn: ingenuous] [ant: disingenuous]
- simple and natural; without cunning or deceit; "an artless manner"; "artless elegance" [ant: artful]
- showing lack of art; "an artless translation"
- (of persons) lacking art or knowledge [syn: uncultivated, uncultured]
- Artless \Art"less\, a.
- Wanting art, knowledge, or skill; ignorant; unskillful. Artless of stars and of the moving sand. --Dryden.
- Contrived without skill or art; inartistic. [R.] Artless and massy pillars. --T. Warton.
- Free from guile, art, craft, or stratagem; characterized by simplicity and sincerity; sincere; guileless; ingenuous; honest; as, an artless mind; an artless tale. They were plain, artless men, without the least appearance of enthusiasm or credulity about them. --Porteus. O, how unlike the complex works of man, Heaven's easy, artless, unencumbered plan! --Cowper. Syn: Simple; unaffected; sincere; undesigning; guileless; unsophisticated; open; frank; candid.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Artless'
The following is an episode list for the animated television series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which premiered in 1987. In total 193 episodes aired between 1987 and 1996. The first three seasons were aired in syndication. CBS aired the rest of the series on Saturday mornings.
As of September 1, 2009, the first eight seasons are available on DVD in North America from Lions Gate Entertainment.
The first season aired in syndication in December 1987. At this point in the series, the Technodrome is located underneath New York City.
The second season aired in syndication. For most of this season, the Technodrome is located in Dimension X. Shredder is without Krang's help for much of this season.[See more about Artless at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Artless'
'Artless' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Artless'
Artless Sample Sentences in News
- “Artless In Every Sense” – Philly Museum Of Art’s Next Expansion Plan (Per Critic)
The “Core Project” is the first of three stages of the museum’s Frank Gehry-designed expansion. “[It] involves tearing out the existing auditorium, which sits directly beneath the Great Stair Hall, and replacing it with a space labeled the Forum.” Read more on this news related to 'Artless'
- Artful Hollywood Artless Bollywood
Robin Williams, who committed suicide this week, may not go down in history as a major patron of art - he once joined a group of donors to secure a loan of Polish artist Magdalena Abakanowicz's work for display at Grant Park, Chicago - but the late Lauren Bacall collected Henry Moore's sculptures somewhat more assiduously. Read more on this news related to 'Artless'
- The artless beauty of tribal life and times
He visited Bastar for the first time in 2002 for shooting an advertisement. Arrested by the beauty of the place, located in Chhattisgarh, Manoj Kumar Jain was more fascinated by his close encounter with the life of the locals and the tribals. Barely could he understand their daily life before he had to leave after his work finished. But Jain returned to Delhi with Read more on this news related to 'Artless'