Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Artless'
- characterized by an inability to mask your feelings; not devious; "an ingenuous admission of responsibility" [syn: ingenuous] [ant: disingenuous]
- simple and natural; without cunning or deceit; "an artless manner"; "artless elegance" [ant: artful]
- showing lack of art; "an artless translation"
- (of persons) lacking art or knowledge [syn: uncultivated, uncultured]
- Artless \Art"less\, a.
- Wanting art, knowledge, or skill; ignorant; unskillful. Artless of stars and of the moving sand. --Dryden.
- Contrived without skill or art; inartistic. [R.] Artless and massy pillars. --T. Warton.
- Free from guile, art, craft, or stratagem; characterized by simplicity and sincerity; sincere; guileless; ingenuous; honest; as, an artless mind; an artless tale. They were plain, artless men, without the least appearance of enthusiasm or credulity about them. --Porteus. O, how unlike the complex works of man, Heaven's easy, artless, unencumbered plan! --Cowper. Syn: Simple; unaffected; sincere; undesigning; guileless; unsophisticated; open; frank; candid.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Artless'
The following is an episode list for the animated television series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which premiered in 1987. In total 193 episodes aired between 1987 and 1996. The first three seasons were aired in syndication. CBS aired the rest of the series on Saturday mornings.
As of September 1, 2009, the first eight seasons are available on DVD in North America from Lions Gate Entertainment.
The first season aired in syndication in December 1987. At this point in the series, the Technodrome is located underneath New York City.
The second season aired in syndication. For most of this season, the Technodrome is located in Dimension X. Shredder is without Krang's help for much of this season.[See more about Artless at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Artless'
'Artless' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Artless'
Artless Sample Sentences in News
- Dreams of the Good Life: The Life of Flora Thompson and the Creation of Lark Rise to Candleford by Richard Mabey
Flora Thompson’s Lark Rise to Candleford is a much-loved classic that has been read in various ways. For some it is an artless childhood memoir set in an Oxfordshire village in the 1880s. For others it is a lament for England’s peasantry, destroyed by mechanisation and modern farming. Read more on this news related to 'Artless'