Analogous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- corresponding in function but not in evolutionary origin; "the wings of a bee and those of a hummingbird are analogous"
- similar or correspondent in some respects though otherwise dissimilar; "brains and computers are often considered analogous"; "surimi is marketed as analogous to crabmeat"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Analogous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Analogous'
- Analogous colors: Analogous colors are groups of three colors that are next to each other on the color wheel, with one being the dominant color, which tends to be a primary
Words and phrases related to 'Analogous'
Analogous Sample Sentences in News
- How Smart Can Robotic Space Explorers Get?
These were problems puzzling Yogesh Girdhar who, as a part of his doctorate dissertation at McGill University in Montreal, redid the "brains" of an undersea robot called Aqua. An underwater robot is somewhat analogous to a space-bound robot, as both face the difficulties of communication. "Mars is [situated] at the limit of where humans can directly Read more on this news related to 'Analogous'
- Solitary confinement doesn't happen in Canada: Attorney General
Solitary confinement - as it's popularly understood - doesn't happen in Canada, according to the federal attorney general. In a response to a legal challenge by the B.C. Civil Liberties Association and the John Howard Society, the government claims Canadian inmates don't suffer as a result of so-called administrative segregation. "It is different Read more on this news related to 'Analogous'
- Dwarf galaxy that reveals the history of the universe
The first galaxies were formed some 13.3 billion years ago, mainly composed of hydrogen and helium, the primary elements that emerged from the Big Bang. Their study to date has been technically very challenging due to their great distance from us, but the observation of analogous galaxies in our vicinity has turned out to be an excellent shortcut. Read more on this news related to 'Analogous'