Analogous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- corresponding in function but not in evolutionary origin; "the wings of a bee and those of a hummingbird are analogous"
- similar or correspondent in some respects though otherwise dissimilar; "brains and computers are often considered analogous"; "surimi is marketed as analogous to crabmeat"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Analogous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Analogous'
- Analogous colors: Analogous colors are groups of colors that are adjacent to each other on the color wheel, with one being the dominant color, which tends to be a primary
Words and phrases related to 'Analogous'
Analogous Sample Sentences in News
- Quick Links
New Delhi, Jan 31 (ANI): BJP leader Kiran Bedi while addressing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally in Delhi said that is she is elected as Delhi's Chief Minister, then she will have 'Dil ki baat' analogous to PM Modi's 'Man ki baat'. Read more on this news related to 'Analogous'
- It’s Not Legalization If There’s No Place To Smoke It
When people think of cannabis legalization, they often assume there will be places analogous to bars or Amsterdam-like “coffee shops” where folks can buy their treats, hang out, and smoke. They're wrong. The actual implementation of legalization so far is proving the opposite. Amendment 64 and Initiative 502 in Colorado and Washington have both exposed a g Read more on this news related to 'Analogous'
- A recoiling, supermassive black hole
When galaxies collide, the central supermassive black holes that reside at their cores will end up orbiting one another in a binary pair, at least according to current simulations. Einstein's general theory of relativity predicts that masses in a binary system should radiate gravitational waves, analogous to the way that accelerating electrical charges radiate Read more on this news related to 'Analogous'